• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

426 hemi intake manifold heat shield

Hemi T/A

Reaction score
I have been looking for a heat shield and am only finding ebay sellers with used items that want 5 and 6 times what the retail price for new ones were 3 years ago plus add the (normal for Ebay) , very inflated shipping charges and then the duty and the exchange rate on Canadian to US dollars . and I would end up paying as much or more than I paid for a new Intake manifold . the rules of Supply and Demand is one thing but I consider this ridiculous .
Anyhow , enough for the rant , my question is , is this shield really necessary if Im not running exhaust to manifold heat ? In my experience with other engines I always ASSUMED the heat shields on the bottom of intake manifolds prevented splashed oil from baking onto the heated portion of the manifold . the Mancini racing website still lists this shield and says " the shield keeps hot oil from splashing underneath the manifold " although its noted that they are presently unavailable . My intake will not have exhaust heat piped to it so should I continue to try and source this shield or go without ?

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It will work without the sheild , , you have no exhaust heat just engine oil which will be in the 200* range which is approx what the intake temp will be anyway as heat rises & the alum intake will be a heat sink .

Back