• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 shaker clearance questions.

72 fishbone

Reaction score
thank you,
I have a 1972 Cuda with a 440 swap (non factory intake) trying to install a shaker hood but
I am running into clearance issues.
I do not know the original Carb pad height for a stock 440 intake.
will it be better to go with an Edelbrock Performer RPM Manifold height: A-4.90", B-5.80"; Carb pad height: 5.35". Port exit dimensions: 1.13" x 2.09"?
or a Edelbrock Torker 2 Manifold height: A-3.75", B-4.60"; Carb pad height: 4.17". Port exit dimensions: 1.10" x 2.16"?
or is there another brand to get the right clearance without compromising performance?
any information will be greatly appreciated.
V/R

Racer57

Reaction score
From a measurement standpoint only I would go with the Torker since its lower. You can then add the correct spacing. You want the bottom of the air intake grill to be the same level as the hoods edge. To high and it will get damaged when it moves and puts stress on the carb and mounts.

The Torker is a single plane and the Performer is a dual plane. I don't know which is best for your engine.

72 fishbone

Reaction score
Moparleo,
thank you for the response I have been on that link like grease on a bearing it does have valuable info
but for what I can see it victor and super victor intakes.
but again thank you

Back