• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

5 speed

julius

Reaction score
I am looking for a 5 speed for a big block cuda. Passon is way behind. Years ago a guy from canada had the same transmission for sale. I think he helped develope the product.
does anyone know who that is. I lost touch years ago.
thanks
julius

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Julius!

Does your Cuda already have a manual?

Sinitro

Reaction score
I am looking for a 5 speed for a big block cuda. Passon is way behind. Years ago a guy from canada had the same transmission for sale. I think he helped develope the product.
does anyone know who that is. I lost touch years ago.
thanks
julius
JULIUS: Here is the contact info for the A-855. John Huff Yellowstone Garage (307) 262-0125, he is located in Wyoming.
Take care..
Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Bigblue73

Reaction score
If you are set on the Passon 5 speed, you may have to endure the wait. The new Tremec TKX kits on the market are very good. There is NO cutting required with these kits which is a plus. Overdrive is the best performance mod you can do to our 'ol muscle cars. Think your application all the way through to include the rear gears as 3.73 seems to be the sweet spot in most applications. Good luck in your build!

Avalanche

Reaction score
I was thinking of going TKX but some people say no cutting and it's good and others have issues with fit or getting the right angle for trans not to vibrat.

Sinitro

Reaction score
I was thinking of going TKX but some people say no cutting and it's good and others have issues with fit or getting the right angle for trans not to vibrat.
Yeah...
I checked out the TKX but didn't want to modify the tunnel for clearance. Also pushing down the transmssion's tail shaft doesn't permit the N96 air grabber base to be flush with its hood gasket..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

julius

Reaction score
I installed an american power train 5 speed, and removed it and put the 4 speed back in. The shifter was tilted to the right and the vibration was terrible. I have had good luck with the passon, but cant get one??

Adam

Reaction score
I have a Tremec 5 spd behind a 440 and it fit great (Original 340/4 spd Challenger) No cutting or other issues, and the shifter came up dead center in the original shifter hole. I used Kiesler bellhousing and a hydraulic clutch for simplicity. The eng/trans sits on factory style eng mounts and trans cross member.

6A31A86B-1124-4781-ADD5-140A95DDF518.jpeg

0FCB900B-34EA-47C5-962A-1D05F64876EA.jpeg

8E7D9F25-D5FD-482F-AA84-831AEEB7B296.jpeg

Last edited:

rwilson

Reaction score
I have a Tremec 5 spd behind a 440 and it fit great (Original 340/4 spd Challenger) No cutting or other issues, and the shifter came up dead center in the original shifter hole. I used Kiesler bellhousing and a hydraulic clutch for simplicity. The eng/trans sits on factory style eng mounts and trans cross member.

View attachment 115219

View attachment 115220

View attachment 115221
Sweet. I have a 69 B body big block and was told the shifter setup would not be in the stock location when using this trans. Any thoughts?

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Sweet. I have a 69 B body big block and was told the shifter setup would not be in the stock location when using this trans. Any thoughts?
I have a 69 Charger automatic now with the Tremec TKX, it lines up perfectly.

rwilson

Reaction score
I have a 69 Charger automatic now with the Tremec TKX, it lines up perfectly.
Good to know because when I called up the manufacture, they said the shifter location was in the middle of the tunnel(unlike factory left offset)and could only be adapted and loaded ok Stock when using a console and offset shifter handle

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Good to know because when I called up the manufacture, they said the shifter location was in the middle of the tunnel(unlike factory left offset)and could only be adapted and loaded ok Stock when using a console and offset shifter handle
Is yours a manual now?

rwilson

Reaction score
Is yours a manual now?
Yes. They said I had to use a console with a factory offset shifter. Only then would the shifter be in the stock location. Years ago I drove a 70 RR with a aftermarket 5sp and could not get used to the “new” shifter location after driving Mopar four speeds for 35 yrs

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Yes. This is a console application - I have no console- non console from the factory
Sounds like you need the console and brackets that can be easily bought. Something like these below.

IMG_5472.jpeg

Back