• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda rocker 'gills'

heminut

Reaction score
I got a set of the reproduction rocker gills for my 70 Cuda and they are painter with the light textured argent paint. I thought they were painted with the dark argent (same as the grill) and I have the paint but I'm not sure which is correct. Anybody know which shade was correct from the factory

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The one's I have seen decades back where always light textured argent paint. That doesn't mean that's correct. I think if you paint to match the grill it would over all look better. I think personal preface trumps all. I think the dark argent looks better.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I've not seen a set in dark argent that I recall.

I have one original side and it is light argent.
Then I have a reproduction set and they are light argent.
And, I have a broken set that is light argent.

heminut

Reaction score
I believe you're right gentlemen, I've looked at several pictures on the 'net and all of them seem to be the light argent. I personally prefer the dark argent but since the local cancer group is having their cancer walk and car show tomorrow and my car is in the show (my wife is in recovery) I put them on with the light argent they came painted with. That could always change later though since mine Isn't a real Cuda, but rather a Cuda tribute.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
I believe you're right gentlemen, I've looked at several pictures on the 'net and all of them seem to be the light argent. I personally prefer the dark argent but since the local cancer group is having their cancer walk and car show tomorrow and my car is in the show (my wife is in recovery) I put them on with the light argent they came painted with. That could always change later though since mine Isn't a real Cuda, but rather a Cuda tribute.
I thinkits great you are supporting her and doing things with her. It can be tough watching them fight it like they do. Support is priceless to them. I watched my father do it. He passed before her but she knew his heart and support he gave her.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Definitely light argent silver on just about everything in 1970 - rocker panels, Rallye wheel center caps, front grill, rear panel above lights (Challengers), etc.

heminut

Reaction score
I thinkits great you are supporting her and doing things with her. It can be tough watching them fight it like they do. Support is priceless to them. I watched my father do it. He passed before her but she knew his heart and support he gave her.
Thank you! I have told her many times"This isn't your journey, it's OUR journey."

heminut

Reaction score
Check it out! It was a kind of small show but I'm still pretty happy!
trophies.jpg

Back