• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda fender gill fabrication

plumbeeper

Reaction score
Here's an article that was in one of the Mopar mags a few years back showing how to put gills in a 70 or 71 Barracuda Gran Coupe fender. I know it's not something a lot of people need now since we have new fenders available, but it's probably cheaper if you already have a fender and need gills. I've done a few over the years and sent some out to be stamped as well. I can remember selling several on ebay for $1500-2800 each. Might not be the case anymore.

Dave

DSCF5390.jpg

DSCF5391.jpg

DSCF5394.jpg

DSCF5397.jpg

plumbeeper

Reaction score
Not just the gills, the entire fender complete and ready for final block and paint.

hotrod98

Reaction score
I've modified a few that way myself using parts from Tony D'Agostino. I trim the edges of the panels down a little before installing them to keep the welds away from the top of the fender and the body line.
I ran into a guy at the Branson show last August that has started just cutting the holes in the fenders and installing the gills. They looked pretty good. Much better than I would have thought. Might try that some time.

Back