• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda fuel return line check valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffv21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
There is (according to Chrysler manual) a check valve in the fuel return line. Does anyone have one or what did you use. Thanks, Jeff

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a return line on a 72 Cuda?

There is a check ball in the vapor separator right in front of the gas tank. There are four lines going into it and one line coming out of it. The line goes up to the charcoal canister in the engine compartment. That's not a return line though...it's a vapor line.

1002013.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Burdar. This does not look like mine. Maybe the check valve is in the tube that goes up into trunk? What car is this a picture of?

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is of my 73 Challenger. 72-74 Cudas are the same...except very early production 72's. Very early production 72 Challenger and Cuda still used the 71 setup. You must have that large tube on the passengers side of the trunk.

The four vent lines come out of the PS of the tank and go up into that large tube. That's how the tank is vented. I assume there is still a vent line going up to a charcoal canister in the engine comp.

There shouldn't be a return line.

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some earlier BB B-bodies and possibly E-bodies had them but not in 72. If there is a return line, the sending unit will have two lines coming out of it. One for supply and one for return.

jeffv21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right guys. I just thought it was called a return line. And yes it does come from the tube to the canister. I'm going with that the check valve is inside the tube, it would make sense that it would work that way.

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be some sort of valve inside that tube. I wouldn't think the vent would be open to the charcoal canister all the time. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A check valve would require a minimum amount of pressure or vacuum to function. I think 71 or 72 is when they when with a non-vented cap for emissions. This is when I think a check valve would be required. Just have to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back