• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda

ivegonediving

Reaction score
I am new to the Mopar scene so I will most likely have a lot of questions. My girlfriend has a 72 Cuda and would like to get it restored, I thought the best way would be to find a bunch of folks that are into Mopar and seek help. It looks like I may have found the right kind of folks after reading some of the posts.

The Cuda is in pretty good shape, a bit of cancer on the lower panels but I heard that was normal, what I am in the market for preasently is the grille for the car. I have seen one on e-bay for $2500.00 but that seemed a bit steep for my grille budget.:eek: I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an aftermarket or if they even make one?

Rob C

Reaction score
Keep searching for a grill. IMO, that is toooooo much. I don't know about making one. IF you can, I'd call that talent!

ramenth

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with the grille for my '74. Through circumstances beyond our control some asswipe broke the thing completely in half.

I look at it this way: it's an E-body. Eventually, someone is going to start repopping them thanks to the '70 and the '71s getting to be pricey. The bleed over effect will kick in and by the time I need one some will be making one. :D

P.S. I forgot to say: Welcome aboard!

burdar

Reaction score
Be very leary of aftermarket grills. Most are NOT injection molded and will warp very easily when exposed to heat. There have been stories of grills warping in their boxes when left in the sun.

For you 1970 Cuda owners Mike at BE&A sells a really nice grill for both the regular Cuda's and the AAR's. He is in the process of making a 71 grill right now.

NOS 72-74 Cuda grills are still fairly easy to find.(that's what I've heard) About 10 years ago, dealerships still had a good number of them still available. I'd keep looking. You should be able to find an NOS one for less than $1000.

Back