• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AMD Shaker Hood

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Has anyone put an AMD shaker hood on a 'Cuda or Challenger? I am wondering how the fit is vs. a factory hood, which of course are next to impossible to find these days....

tonysrt

Reaction score
I did a 71 Cuda shaker hood and it fit fairly good. The only hoods available right now from AMD have the hood pin holes in them. Don't know if they'll make them anymore because no demand like for Chevy stuff. Challenger hoods are available without hood pin holes. My Cuda had hood pins from the factory.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Mine has factory hood pins also so I might be in luck then, I will check.

Ralph

Reaction score
I did a AMD shaker hood on my 73 cuda - fit and looked good !

Maybe I was lucky !

R

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Looks like AMD does not have any Cuda hoods, only Challenger hoods, they told me 6-8 months... maybe...anyone know if any distributors would stock them?

tonysrt

Reaction score
I guess we are the step child of the repro market. Maybe if they had started to repro stuff for the Ebodies years earlier there might be a bigger demand today. I bought a 72 Challenger around 85 and it was a rust bucket and no sheet metal was available for any Mopar cars. After I took what I wanted from it I junked the car, I think that was the biggest problem back in the mid 80's, cars were junked because no metal available. Also production was coming to a crawl because of the Govt. putting demands on auto makers that weren't very car friendly. I thought "Year one" had hoods with the pin holes recently.

Back