• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone using the Mopar Aluminum 2 Bolt Master Cylinder

LuckyDog

Reaction score
I have a 72 cuda and was looking for any advice / recommendations on using a late model 2 bolt master cylinder.
132393-RIT__ra_p.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Unless you have a "perfect" original type car...I don't believe there to be any down-side to using those. I have them on all but one of my cars.

BillJ

Reaction score
I just bought one of these with the adapter. I am going from drum to front disc. My old MC has a collar that holds a rubber boot on the rear where the piston goes in. There is no provision for this on the modern MC. Also, how do I know how long the piston should be?
Thank You.

20230923_144350.jpg

bc3j

Reaction score
I use one. My came with an adapter from 4 bolts to 2. I got mine from Dr Diff and it has a recessed grove to accept the rubber retainer on the brake pushrod. I used my factory drum brake pushrod with a new rubber retainer. There is a recessed area on the brake pushrod that accepts the rubber retainer. Just removed the two bolts on the drum MC and reuse with a new rubber retainer. Just need to make sure the aluminum MC is machined with a recessed area.

Last edited:

BillJ

Reaction score
Thanks Katfish!
Bc3j I was not talking about the retainer on the pushrod. I was talking about the rubber boot that covers where the pushrod goes in the MC in the back at the firewall. Bill.

Back