• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ArmorAll is crap

dongei

Reaction score
I tried using this protectant for the first time today and what a disappointment. $20.00 down the drain. It actually looked worse after using it than just cleaning. All dry and streaky looking. What does anyone else use to make their dashes look nicer?

js29

Reaction score
Saddle soap from A farm supply type store, meguier's makes good products from an auto parts store. I would take that other stuff back! don't care much for it.

dongei

Reaction score
I remember Nu Vinyl was awesome but now even that is watered down, but still better than Armor All.

AUSTA

Reaction score
The old amour all was OK the new one a lot thinner would have better results with milk.
I use Armour extreme Tyre shine on the dash & vinyl top it has the consistency of a thin gel spray on wipe off comes up like the old products not to glossy.
Safety sheet states silicone in liquid i would try on inconspicuous area first

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I use Lexol products on the leather and vinyl. I would rather use something that actually conditions and protects as it cleans without adding too much wet looking shine. I use Simple Green and a scrub brush on my tires as I hate shiny tires. Silicone is good for a few things, bathtub caulk comes to mind first...

KATSAAR

Reaction score
mistake # 1 .
never put armor all on your dash.
I took a class on interior detailing. I know kinda weird.

ramenth

Reaction score
Once upon a time, back when I ran a detail shop, I'd be able to get conditioners in a 55 gallon drum...

If you bring your own bottle, a lot detail shops will sell you a bottle of pro product for a few bucks. I used to.

Moparparts

Reaction score
303 is a very good product and is safe for convertible tops as well. It is available at camper dealers and camping supply stores

Back