• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

B & M Tranny Pan

BSG

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just picked up my 727 trans after breaking the reverse band trying to show some punkass kids how much cooler 70's Muscle cars are over the ricky racer the Scions him and his g** a** friends are lowering and putting wings on. Needless to say who ended up with a broken car and egg on his face. To the point has anyone put one of the extra capacity B & M pans on and had any ground clearance issues? Basically stock ride height, not looking to have it scrap when coming in and out of roadways/driveways etc.

Adam

Reaction score
I have installed a couple of 2 inch deep trans pans with no clearance issues. I forgot the brands, maybe B&M and Derale… anyway my 2 cents is get a pan with a drain plug, or weld in a bung. (Allen style pipe plug) won’t hang down. And get the steel core pan gasket, it’s definitely worth the money.

I just looked on Summit, that B&M pan is a nice looking piece.

Last edited:

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just picked up my 727 trans after breaking the reverse band trying to show some punkass kids how much cooler 70's Muscle cars are over the ricky racer the Scions him and his g** a** friends are lowering and putting wings on. Needless to say who ended up with a broken car and egg on his face. To the point has anyone put one of the extra capacity B & M pans on and had any ground clearance issues? Basically stock ride height, not looking to have it scrap when coming in and out of roadways/driveways etc.
After seeing the price of cast pans, I got a stamped steel one from A&A transmissions for a lot less. No ground clearance issues. Having a pan with extra capacity will help, but so will a quality trans cooler.

rogue

Reaction score
I have the B&M pan and no clearance issues (well, i don't go over speed bumps with the car). There's 3 inches of clearance between the lowest part of the pan and the ground

Xcudame

Reaction score
I've got a deep tranny pan on my 70 Challenger. No issues and it's been on there 12 years now. I'm pretty sure it was B&M.

If you want to be thrifty, I just got 3 tranny pans from Rockauto for the 90's 518/46rh. They're deeper than a stock pan and have a drain plug. I've decided all my 727s from now on will have deep pans.
1998 DODGE RAM 2500 PICKUP 5.9L V8 Fluid Pan | RockAuto

Back