• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Been on the webisite for awhile now.

chongo25

Reaction score
Hi, i have been a member on here for a while now but I do not think i have introduced myself yet,

My name is Eddie I live near Sacramento Ca, and bought a 72 Slant 6 Challenger earlier this year, Last year I had a 65 Barracuda and decided to sell because I became a really big fan with e-bodies.

I am really new when it comes to working on the classics, my dad knows a lot he has 69 Barracuda, so big Mopar fans in the family. My goal is to get the body fixed and painted and drive the heck out of the car, I want to keep the original engine it since you tend to never see Slant 6's in E-bodies. Here is a pic of the car.

image_zps52da69a8.jpe

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Most people don't know that the slant six AKA tower of power, was originally developed as a racing engine. Several different blocks were available from Mopar. Actually a lot of development was done in the sixties and seventies on these motors so there are some intake manifolds and headers available, even turbos. So don't sell that engine short. it can be made a screamer.

chongo25

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes, I hope to get the body and paint done soon.

Bill

Reaction score
I love your idea of keeping the slant 6. Personally I think it is more cool than a Hemi. I know when I talk to anyone and I say the word "slant 6" the first words out of their mouth is "great motor". Back around 1980 I had an old Plymouth Duster. We called it the "Ruster" or "Dust Pan". It had a slant 6 in it. Very reliable and easy to work on. Good luck with your project and "DRIVE IT"!

btceng

Reaction score
Welcome. I have a /6 in my 81 stepside and it refuses to quit. Have fun with it and keep us posted on the progress.

chongo25

Reaction score
I love your idea of keeping the slant 6. Personally I think it is more cool than a Hemi. I know when I talk to anyone and I say the word "slant 6" the first words out of their mouth is "great motor". Back around 1980 I had an old Plymouth Duster. We called it the "Ruster" or "Dust Pan". It had a slant 6 in it. Very reliable and easy to work on. Good luck with your project and "DRIVE IT"!

Thats funny because every time time I say that the car has a slant 6 to older people that is the first thing that comes out their mouth too. The engine runs smooth all the time when driving it so it so far,

chongo25

Reaction score
Welcome. I have a /6 in my 81 stepside and it refuses to quit. Have fun with it and keep us posted on the progress.

Nice, I will keep it posted as soon as i get more stuff done to it.

Back