• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Exhaust for 1970 Challenger 340

70silver

Reaction score
Hey, are there any recommendations for exhaust on a 340 Challenger? Right now, I've got stock exhaust manifolds that go to cherry bombs. I've looked into TTI since a lot of people recommend those, but I was wondering if there were any better alternatives. I'm looking for something that will give it a good sound (Loud, choppy, maybe higher pitched than an H pipe) and could also improve the power a little.

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
Probably the best header for a 340 are the stepped 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" TTI headers. You pays your money and get no nonsense. Thought I saw someone on here selling a used ceramic coated set for $675 plus shipping. That's a bargain!

rogue

Reaction score
TTI headers and exhaust with Flowmaster "mufflers"

sombrero

Reaction score
Hey, are there any recommendations for exhaust on a 340 Challenger? Right now, I've got stock headers that go to cherry bombs. I've looked into TTI since a lot of people recommend those, but I was wondering if there were any better alternatives. I'm looking for something that will give it a good sound (Loud, choppy, maybe higher pitched than an H pipe) and could also improve the power a little.

the lopey sounds comes from the cam though right? I got that sound using Voodoo on my 71 340. I just paid for my TTI long headers and h pipe full exhaust today. 3" will give you a deeper sound but i just went w 2.5" as recommended for my 400hp output.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Although LEOs don't like the loudness (people complain to them, so they have to pull you over), open headers is the best sound on a Mopar! Those electric exhaust cutouts are a great invention! I've got Flowmasters on my 70 Challenger and love them. I bought them from Flowmasters when they were a little shop in Santa Rosa! I recently purchased a set for my 71 Barracuda and much to my dismay discovered they were made in China! Ugh!

rogue

Reaction score
Flowmaster does have a range of options that gives you different sounds as well... i have 40s on my challenger and 10s on my cuda.. 10s are as close to open headers as flowmaster makes (at least was when i bought them some years back)

Old B5

Reaction score
I bought a full exhaust for my stock manifold 70 challenger 340 from Tti. It is 2 1/2” all the way back and came with dynomax mufflers. Not as loud as flowmasters but I like it that way. Has a slightly bigger cam with a little lope and the bigger than factory 2 1/2” should help it breathe a little better. I would recommend this system

Last edited:
Back