• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Body work and a dip

Tropicalcats

Reaction score
I have been asking around and wanted to post this question.
After years of waiting my car will finally start to get body work done after sitting for 2 years. The car is a 70 Challenger R/T and is down to the shell. After the major body work is done I plan to have it alkaline dipped and e coated.
Has anybody on the board done a car this way? Can you tell me how the process worked for you? I was hoping to find a dipper and e coated at the same place but in Northwestern Ohio it looks like I will have it dipped one place and than have the car e coated somewhere else.Anybody know of a place that does it all.
I will have it dipped at http://www.americanmetalcleaninginc.com/services/automotiveservices.html
Still looking for the e coater.

moparleo

Reaction score
You don't do the bodywork and then have it dipped to remove the paint, rust etc... ?? There is a paint removal system called Dustless paint removal. It is done with very high water pressure and can be done on site and is a lot less expensive than other strip methods. They come to you. That way you can do whatever body, panel repair work you need to do with virgin metal.

Tropicalcats

Reaction score
You don't do the bodywork and then have it dipped to remove the paint, rust etc... ?? There is a paint removal system called Dustless paint removal. It is done with very high water pressure and can be done on site and is a lot less expensive than other strip methods. They come to you. That way you can do whatever body, panel repair work you need to do with virgin metal.

Right the minor body work will come after the e coating but I need to re place the tail panel and trunk floor. That will be done before the e coating to be sure of a solid un interrupted coating.

Back