• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Coolant recovery system

challnger73

Reaction score
Hello, will the 74 coolant recovery system work on a 73 challenger? The current outlet spigot for the overflow hose is on passenger side and the recovery system mounts on the drivers side.
thanks

reborn73

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures or documentation to show where the '73 model mounts and where? I just got a '73 and it had an aftermarket mounted in front of the rad. I am trying to get it back to original

challnger73

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures or documentation to show where the '73 model mounts and where? I just got a '73 and it had an aftermarket mounted in front of the rad. I am trying to get it back to original
That was my question. Apparently the 73 was not available with a system and am researching if possible. cannot mount in front on mine due to AC and tranny cooler. ggod luck

reborn73

Reaction score
so far the only thing I have been able to find is that the overflow hose ran accross the top of the rad and down the drivers side and just "dumped".........still looking though

challenger6pak

Reaction score
That is all the hose did. It connected to nothing. There is a hole in the bottom of the core support for the hose to go through. You could use the 74 system, if you can find it.

Last edited:

ECPJT

Reaction score
A good black aftermarket siphon-style overflow bottle might be just right..at least it will remain a sealed system, and will tuck out of the way, with only the hose visible to keep period correct

Back