• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Correct idler arm?

russ300h

Reaction score
I hope someone can answer this question. I just sold an NOS Mopar idler arm on eBay. Auction # 230436938232. A fellow bought it for a pretty steep price, but now wants to return it because it does not have a "dimple" like the one on his vehicle does. He admitted it is the correct part, just lacking the dimple. Is this something that someone doing a concours restoration or inspection looks for? Is the correct Mopar part considered the correct part for a restoration? If anyone knows or can put me on to anyone who might know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Russ Vaughan

farmboy70

Reaction score
Here is a picture of an original both pittman arm and idler have part number cast in.

PICT5369.jpg

PICT5370.jpg

janamarie

Reaction score
Here is a picture of an original both pittman arm and idler arm have part number cast in.

Hi, i just remembered a friend of mine bought something like this one, last month, it was been auctioned thru online. She said, there is no part number that cast on it, like the one on the picture. Does it mean that what she bought is just an imitation?

Last edited:
Back