• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electrical Nightmare

mopar70

Reaction score
So I've been having lots of electrical problems since I bought my car. 1970 challenger 383. For some reason my fuse box is giving out 12volts with key in off position. This means car won't turn off and the battery slowly drains. So the connecter in the middle going to my headlights on fuse box is giving out 12volts when key is in off position which then makes the ignition stay on as well.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you but would suggest getting a a factory service manual, if you don't already have one and start tracing wires to make sure everything is where it should be. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more specific suggestion. I'm not a big fan of automotive electrical.

mopar70

Reaction score
I have a feeling that some wire got burnt and they melted together. Will update after I check it out.

mopar70

Reaction score
Need to replace the whole dash harness there's so many burnt and melted together wires. Also looks like the harness wasn't installed properly hangs too low.

Back