• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine/Transmission level

booyaballer

Reaction score
All, I've installed an SST TKO 5 speed in my 70 Challenger. I'll be taking the measurements to order the drive shaft and deal with the driveline angle. My kit includes spacers for the crossmember which got me wondering how crucial it is to ensure the motor was level. do i just ensure the main pulley is level and work my way back from there?

Thanks in advance.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The motor never sits level , if you look at the intake the carb will sit level but the intake is angled so the rear of the motor always sits a couple of degrees lower + you have to factor in that the car itself probably is not level either

Drivun

Reaction score
I found the angle of a small block/TKO 600 had a secondary effect on exhaust clearance on a lowered car. My TKO used all the transmission spacers in the kit to get the trans up real close to the widened trans tunnel. But the length of the TKO plus the angle of the motor put the collectors flanges of my TTI long tube headers only 2 1/2 inches above ground. Rather than replace the Hotchkis suspension both get the front and rear up but level, I went to TTI shorties which fit perfectly.

Back