• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

exhaust on 73 challenger

fishpwr

Reaction score
My dad has a '73 Challenger 340-4bbl. It's undergoing a complete restoration. We are trying to figureout what headers and exhaust to purchase & put on the vehicle. Any suggestions- tips?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Dougs headers/Pypes exhaust

I went with Doug`s headers and a 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust with a crossover "X" pipe from Pypes for a 318 on my Barracuda. I went with the under the valence style.Sounds good and it wasnt too bad on the wallet. If you want to run your exhaust under each side of the crossmember where there is more clearance room you will need to have something made since they wont line up with the collectors on your headers. I had a pipe with a 3 " set in it about 2 feet long to make it work. Depending what header you use your measurment may be different. I made it extra long and cut off the rest when I got home to fit it up. Flare the end to fit over the collector and ask first if the muffler shop is set up to make mandrel type bends. I have heard some good things about the Magnaflow system too. As far as headers TTI and Doug`s are the best in my opinion.Install your exhaust starting from the rear of the car.

Back