• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Good front manual disc conversions to look for?

msbaugh

Reaction score
I might have mentioned this in another thread somewhere... but wanted to start a new one to get more opinions...
Im looking for a good front disc brake conversion for my 70 chally that comes with EVERYTHING I would need (hoses, rotors, calipers, etc) ... I don't really need the benefit of going with power brakes, so I'm just sticking with the manual. But anywaysss... ya'll have any good kits you've used in the past?
Really, It would be bad ass to get them slotted and drilled so It will help me actually stop. ha (Im not as worried about having them plated or painted)
But as a ballpark range I'm looking at spending anywhere from 600-900 dollars as long as It's worth it in the long run.

Thanks Again Guys

How do these look?
http://www.braketechsolutions.com/inc/sdetail/253

varlo

Reaction score
Ill keep a lookout on this thread to. I believe any a-body setup should work someone correct me if im wrong. But the best thing to do is find someone parting out an old rusted out 4 door a body and take everything. They normally sell on the forums for around 300 bucks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I just bought a kit from "Right Stuff" for my Road Runner, it is one of a few that falls in that price range. Seems like a good kit and I spoke with somebody from the tech department there and was told that it is basically a reproduction of the parts used on a `73 A-body. They advertise in the Collectors Guide.

Brads70

Reaction score

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
don't worry about drilled and slotted rotors for street use. All you'll end up doing is eating up pads and creating lots of brake dust to clean off your rims.

my personal favorite brake swap is the 77-81 B/R body brake swap with the 11.75" rotors. Its what I run on my Challenger right now while I save up for the 13" Dr. Diff kit.

msbaugh

Reaction score
So i ended up going with Right stuff brakes. Got everything for a little over 6 hundred. Seemed like a good deal, ditched the slotted, and stuck with manual. Im excited! Hope they turn out good!! :-D

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Awesome, let us know how it goes. I am very much looking forward to putting this set-up on my Road Runner sometime this winter.

Back