• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings from Across the Pond!

Morpheus

Reaction score
Hello fellow Mopar enthusiasts,
Thanks for adding me to the forum. I live in England and am currently restoring a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE - which as you can imagine, is very challenging (excuse the pun 😆).
I am hoping this site/forum will assist me with the parts and knowledge that I’m lacking on this side of the pond.
It’s early days at the moment with the car currently as a bare shell, but I am busy trying to gather the necessary parts & info I need. Cheers for now!

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. There are a few things that will help your restoration a lot. Especially if you are starting with a shell.
First is a Factory Service Manual , free download link,
MyMopar
Next is considered the standard in restoration info and car judging, on sale right now.
MMC Detroit
Now no source is 100% correct all the time as the Factory was never consistent over the years.
There are many sources for information on the Internet so do your research.
Have fun.

Morpheus

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. There are a few things that will help your restoration a lot. Especially if you are starting with a shell.
First is a Factory Service Manual , free download link,
MyMopar
Next is considered the standard in restoration info and car judging, on sale right now.
MMC Detroit
Now no source is 100% correct all the time as the Factory was never consistent over the years.
There are many sources for information on the Internet so do your research.
Have fun.
Thanks for your reply & info 😊. Yes I have the service manual & the David Wise ‘bible’ which I am currently studying!
My car was reasonably complete & has been stripped down to the shell. But due to sitting out in all weathers for the last 20 years or so, many parts are un-salvageable.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !
Many of the parts used on R/T SE cars are not reproduced & can be virtually impossible to locate , best if you can buy a car that is complete as possible but probably too late now ...

Morpheus

Reaction score
Thanks!
Yes, I think I’m too far down the road now to buy another more complete car - but sourcing the parts is all part of the journey for me 😊

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
You may already know that many parts for the 70 were unique 1 year only parts , add to that the rareity of SE trim etc this will be challenging

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_5970.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Hopefully you some of the unique 70 RT/SE parts. Please share a picture or two of your Challenger!

Morpheus

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Hopefully you some of the unique 70 RT/SE parts. Please share a picture or two of your Challenger!
Thanks! There may be some good quality bits hiding out in that Arizona desert - who knows!
Not much to see if the car at the moment, as it’s been stripped & dipped & is a bare shell 👍

be0a88d0-85dd-4bc9-ab27-e3ef9c3afd07.jpeg

4fc47d98-3f77-4b46-a87e-4c671952ae8f.jpeg

757b5dce-77a2-477d-8611-c2254dec9a13.jpeg

IMG_4792.jpeg

IMG_4796.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
You’re in the right place as these guys really know there stuff.
That R/T SE will make a dandy 👍🏻

Morpheus

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
You’re in the right place as these guys really know there stuff.
That R/T SE will make a dandy 👍🏻
Thank you 👍. Yes, I will definitely be tapping into that fountain of knowledge in the near future!

Back