• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Lacey, Washington!

exbirdgunner

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here and thought I should finallyintroduce myself. My name is Denis and I currently live in Lacey, Washington,near Tacoma. I am in the Royal Canadian Air Force on a 3 year exchange atMcChord AFB. When I first got here I was motivated to start looking for aproject car since it had been a long time dream of mine to restore an oldmuscle car, either a '69 Charger or '70 Challenger. Unfortunately, while I wasresearching and raising the cash, my daily driver was starting to cost too muchon maintenance so I made an agreement with my wife that I could get a new carand leave the project car until I retire from the Air Force in about 7-12 yearsfrom now. This made sense as we move about every 3-4 years which would make theproject car that much more difficult to manage. Plus, I'll be able to use my severancepay when I retire for the project car, which if I got out today would be around$20,000. Meanwhile my new car is a 2012 Challenger R/T, so that can keep mymind off the project car, and I can take my time accumulating tools. I'll alsotry to learn from others during this time which is one of the reasons I joinedthis forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read about me. I lookforward to seeing all the great work you all do here.

Denis

03HDFB

Reaction score
Welcome Denis,

Not far from one another....Olympia Wa!!!
Finished my 2008 Challenger Project....Blown 426
and am closing in on my 1970 Challenger Project!
I'll have both cars at the Lewis Mccord Freedom Fair car show again!
Gregory

exbirdgunner

Reaction score
Welcome Denis,

Not far from one another....Olympia Wa!!!
Finished my 2008 Challenger Project....Blown 426
and am closing in on my 1970 Challenger Project!
I'll have both cars at the Lewis Mccord Freedom Fair car show again!
Gregory

Wow that thing must really move!

When is the Lewis McChord Freedom Fair Car Show? I will look to attend for sure!

Denis

03HDFB

Reaction score
That would be the 4th Of July......I'll be there Helping my Wife at the Northwest Harley Booth.....And running back and Forth
to the Car show. Its a killer Event....Live Music all day, Tons of Food, Vendor Booths, Beer Gardens and Rides for the Kids!
And the Fireworks show is Second to none! I've Been doing this event the last 3 years...Wouldn't miss it....Great time! Its not
Mant times they open the Base to the Public.

Mike73Dodge

Reaction score
Welcome from Bellevue WA. Just up the road from you. I currently have a 73 Challenger in the process of a full rotisery restoration.
Interested in hearing what you come with and seeing Greg's blown 426.

03HDFB

Reaction score
Welcome from Bellevue WA. Just up the road from you. I currently have a 73 Challenger in the process of a full rotisery restoration.

Great.......So look Forward to meeting up with you guys....
Here's a little 2008 SRT Stoked and Blown Love......

_MG_3403_zpsa108b951.jpg

Prep'ed and ready For PIR Test-N-Tune

IMG_5881.jpg

Last edited:

exbirdgunner

Reaction score
That would be the 4th Of July......I'll be there Helping my Wife at the Northwest Harley Booth.....And running back and Forth
to the Car show. Its a killer Event....Live Music all day, Tons of Food, Vendor Booths, Beer Gardens and Rides for the Kids!
And the Fireworks show is Second to none! I've Been doing this event the last 3 years...Wouldn't miss it....Great time! Its not
Mant times they open the Base to the Public.

Cool! I will have to check to see if I am working on the 4th of July. If not then I am there!

Thanks. I'd love to see your "in-process" 73 Challenger. I am keen to learn as much as I can before I tackle my own restoration. Do you have a build thread here?

Back