• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HELP: Hydraulic Clutch pedal setup

hogpowr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just put in a tremec 5 speed into my 70 Challenger. I decided to go with a Hydraulic clutch/ Throwout bearing. Very tight space for me by the clutch pedal. I've been looking for a nice hydraulic clutch conversion to use my existing pedal. I don't want to completely re work the fire wall? Has anyone done this and if so, did you make or buy a bracket? I can weld and FAB. so if you can help, I probably make it.

Help and ideas would be very much appreciated. Even a picture or two!!

Thanks Rob

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
I agree with that, those kits are expensive and if they sell you a hydraulic release bearing on a mopar specific installation kit they must have tried it out surely?
Although sadly some of these companies don't seem to have their customer service skills fully honed do they? Same the world over eh?

hogpowr

Reaction score
It's not so much install and adjust. It's more how can I make or buy a bracket that will mount a master cylinder to the fire wall and get my stock pedal to work? I could buy hydraulic pedal setups, but I know making a mechanical pedal actuate a master cylinder can't be too hard. Mount the master cylinder... connect the plunger to pedal. Sounds so simple..... was hoping someone has done it or seen it done and could help me find the answer. I would rather copy someone else, than rely on my own intelligence. (or lack thereof)..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Stay away from the Keisler system , it will take you a month to bleed the air out ,Tony/ Bigblue73 on CC.com works for Hurst & has a better product , bolts up the the firewall through the oval hole & uses the stock pedal .

hogpowr

Reaction score
Chryco. Thanks for the reference.. What is the CC.com site? I'm sorry, I couldn't find anything.

Back