• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help wanted for install new engine and tranny

wayne970

Reaction score
I'm working on a 70 cuda, it had a 318 and 904 which i sold and built a new 340 and 727. The motor had a/c, cruise etc. Took pics before i took it out and lost the pics. Could any body send me a pick of car with a small block that has the original a/c unit. I'm confused where exactly everything bolts up and expecially because this engine has an elderbrock intake and not the original. Also if i reinstall the factory a/c unit will i be able to add a shaker set up to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures.

340 maxresdefault.jpg

1971-Dodge-Challenger-1586-33.jpg

618965-1000-0.jpg

ft.jpg

Red-1973-Plymouth-Barracuda-340-Mopar-Engine.jpg

!BURIci!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLm(,PeBKMoyCvIcw~~_12.jpg

!BURIyCwCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLmZBiZBKMozRf(9Q~~_12.jpg

!BURJDFwBmk~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLm(n4WBKMo0SEhcg~~_12.jpg

Last edited:

pschlosser

Reaction score
Shaker, not without a lot of modifying (read cutting).
From what I've learned, the Shaker hood option at the factory deleted the A/C option. Many people have found they can add a shaker hood to A/C cars without too much heartache. The only issue (other than it may not be original) is the shaker base plate bangs into the A/C compressor, because the comp sits so high. But only by... an inch or so, if I recall correctly. Many have finessed their shaker setups on A/C engines.

Back