• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Howdy from the frozen North!

NoCar340

Reaction score
I'm a life-long Mopar enthusiast that's owned a little bit of everything over the years, from turbo cars to a Six Pack Super Bee. I had a '73 Challenger non-Rallye 340/4-speed way back in '88, but it was too far gone to save (at that time). It was my first Mopar, and I've always had hopes of re-creating my ride from way back then--of course with a bunch of improvements. Well, I just bought an extremely clean '74 out of Alabama with all original sheetmetal and virtually no rust other than a couple of minor spots. Here in Upper Michigan, E-bodies with original floors & trunks in great shape just don't exist.

Anyhow, as part of the conversion from what I got to what I want, I'll have a bunch of stuff I won't need that I'll be looking to sell or swap for the things I do need. Some of what I have is '72-'74 specific and some will fit any year.

I'm looking forward to jumping into the fray here and getting to work on my Challenger... right after I organize the garage!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Are you in the U.P. or northern lower? Pics of the car are mandatory.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Are you in the U.P. or northern lower? Pics of the car are mandatory.
Upper Peninsula, about 450 miles from you. I have a sister that lives in Indian River, which is about as far south in MI as I ever get.

Pics will be coming. No glamour shots, I assure you... it's a disassembled project in white primer.

Bill

Reaction score
Welcome from Vermont.
U.P. of MI is north of Canada isn't it? (lol).

NoCar340

Reaction score
As requested (demanded?), a few pics of my car...

P5250050.jpg
Resize of P5250034.jpg
Resize of P5250035.jpg
Resize of P5250041.jpg
Resize of P5250043.jpg

P5250050.jpg

Resize of P5250034.jpg

Resize of P5250035.jpg

Resize of P5250041.jpg

Resize of P5250043.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Nope. Different guy. Totally different guy. Username is a total coincidence! :icon_biggrin:

NoCar340

Reaction score
It's got a few warts, but that's all original sheetmetal on the car. The trunk weatherstrip rail is a little punky and the roof panel needs to be replaced. I already have a new roof but I'm looking for bits and pieces of the trunk rail.

Weird car... 318 auto, console shift, AC, 8-track, but manual steering and manual discs. It was originally brown w/a vinyl top but I don't have a data tag or build sheet to verify anything beyond that information.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
It's got a few warts, but that's all original sheetmetal on the car. The trunk weatherstrip rail is a little punky and the roof panel needs to be replaced. I already have a new roof but I'm looking for bits and pieces of the trunk rail.

Weird car... 318 auto, console shift, AC, 8-track, but manual steering and manual discs. It was originally brown w/a vinyl top but I don't have a data tag or build sheet to verify anything beyond that information.

Mine is also a 74 and started life as a 318 3 spd stick on the floor. No power steering and also with manual disc brakes. Car did not even have a front sway bar. I had to replace the lower arms to ones with the bar mounting brackets. 360, pistol grip 4spd, power steering and power brakes have all been added.
I lighthartedly like to refer to this year as the dump year. As production ended mid year I believe options were based on remaining items on the shelf they could use...

Welcome aboard.

Mike.

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
I was checking out your turbo build, Mike. I'm very impressed and am doing something similar, but with my other Mopar (an '82 Imperial).

My car did have at least the front swaybar. I can imagine how awesome they handle without that. I imagine you're probably right about the "dump year" and leftovers... I mean, who orders a floor shift but manual steering?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, that's the problem... it's not happening yet. Car's still not at the house from its extended stay away, and since I bought my Challenger there's not a lot of room for it, either. However, I've got most of the parts I need already with the exception of the intercoolers and a lot of plumbing/exhaust parts. I'm using slightly larger turbos than Mike (Chinese KKR480s), along with MegaSquirt 2 EFI and distributorless ignition. Induction is a modified Holley Strip Dominator single-plane topped with a Motorvation 701150 four-barrel throttle body. The car will be converted to a manual transmission (I need an Aspen 4-speed floor tunnel if anyone's got one), so unlike Mike I'm not worried about cutting holes in it. I'm starting out with a re-ringed junkyard 360 but hope to migrate everything to either the car's original 318 or my spare 340 once I've got all the bugs chased. Goal is 600HP to the ground.

Fair warning: I have nowhere near the mad fabrication skills or equipment Mike does. My build will involve more hammers and booger welds. :icon_biggrin:

NoCar340

Reaction score
This is the intended victim...

P3220004.jpg

Some of the parts...

P1130006.jpg

And say hello to my leetle friends...

140430_083.jpg

P3220004.jpg

P1130006.jpg

140430_083.jpg

Back