• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HURST Pistol Grip Shifter Pattern Insert Lense FONT Differences

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the differences in the fonts for the available reproduction shift pattern insert lenses for the HURST Pistol Grip Shifter?
I have seen two different fonts for the 4-Speed pattern as well as two different fonts for the 5-Speed pattern.
Which font is true to the factory shift pattern insert lenses' font? A or B?

EDIT
Conclusion: Style A is original for 4-Speed and Style A is also most correct for the modernized 5-Speed pattern insert lense.

HURST Pistol Grip Pattern Insert FONT Comparisons.jpg

Last edited:

Steve340

Reaction score
My car has the original shift lever in it. I guess it is very likely to be the original one. The shifter handle is the 1970 version with the push in shift lever as opposed to the later bolt on one.
I checked the car this morning and my bezel font is definitely the A version with the 1 and 2 numbers running up to the top and bottom.
The differences may be different manufacturers or the style of font changed over the years as the design of the shift lever changed?
Good question.

383RT

Reaction score
I vote for A also. For WIW here’s a picture of mine with an original push in shifter handle vs the bolt on. The back of the “R” is right in line with the shift pattern, just like in the E-Body Bible by MCC, B is not.

IMG_2001.jpeg

Back