• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kickdown cable on 4500 Dominator?

cuda722

Reaction score
OK Tech guys. How do I put a kick down cable on my 4500 dominator?

moparleo

Reaction score
OK I'll bite. A non-manual valve body with a 4500 ? What is your 4500 sitting on for engine, intake? What transmission is the engine connected to? How about a picture of this thing ?

cuda722

Reaction score
OK I'll bite. A non-manual valve body with a 4500 ? What is your 4500 sitting on for engine, intake? What transmission is the engine connected to? How about a picture of this thing ?
Its a 528 hem with tci super street fighter 727 with tci ultimate street fighter torque converter.and b&m quick silver shifter. It has 1100 cfm pro system carb.

cuda722

Reaction score
Its a 528 hem with tci super street fighter 727 with tci ultimate street fighter torque converter.and b&m quick silver shifter. It has 1100 cfm pro system carb.
I just thought maybe someone had rigged a lokar kickdown cable to a Holley 4500 dominator. I was told it could be done by making some brackets etc. I already have a lokar throttle cable.

moparleo

Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe some one would rely on a kick down of any type to be adjusted properly throughout the rpm range, meaning that the line pressures would be right. I would think that it seems strange not to have a manual valve body behind that monster. How long has this set up worked for you ? And since there is nothing available in the standard linkage setup, the cable adjust Lokar setup would be the best try. I ran a Torque-flite behind a Hemi with the kick down lever wired open all the time. It worked real good , for awhile anyway...

mmissile

Reaction score
Sounds familiar. Ended up with a reversed-manual valve-body.

35idcb7.jpg

Last edited:

cuda722

Reaction score
It has manual/automatic valve body. I just wanted kickdown for cruising in drive. It would spread out the shifts a little. If I cant I wont, but it was something I wanted to try. It will snap your neck when you control the shifter.

cuda722

Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe some one would rely on a kick down of any type to be adjusted properly throughout the rpm range, meaning that the line pressures would be right. I would think that it seems strange not to have a manual valve body behind that monster. How long has this set up worked for you ? And since there is nothing available in the standard linkage setup, the cable adjust Lokar setup would be the best try. I ran a Torque-flite behind a Hemi with the kick down lever wired open all the time. It worked real good , for awhile anyway...
Actually, I just finished putting the new trans in the car. TCI tech says I don't have to have a kickdown. I am going to try it anyway. If it works out, I will post pic. If it doesn't work, I will shrink away.

cuda722

Reaction score
Wonder why I am only allowed to see first 8 posts? There were a lot more than 8? Disappeared! Also, all my pics are gone, wiped out.

Last edited:
Back