• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kids and cars

btceng

Reaction score
How many of you guys have kids that are as passionate about cars, e-bodies particularly, as you are? What age are they? My 12 y.o. is absolutely a fanatic. I hope we can pass it on.

Ray

Reaction score
Son, his job to work on his two boys to keep it going ages 3 and 1 He has a few cars . 13 year old daughters son, unfortunately I don't see him enough. Alaska and Pennsylvania is a little far to drop in on the weekends. On the plus side for him he will have a few toys when I pass on.

ramenth

Reaction score
Not really my boy, but I helped raise him. My nephew. He got his Duster when was 13. Now that he's 16 we're working on his Cordoba to get it going. He likes all Mopars, even the front drivers from the '80's.

btceng

Reaction score
Cool. Getting them involved and off of the PlayStation is always a good thing. I could never get my dad interested in the hobby but my uncle never discouraged it an let me help on some projects. Gotta love those cool uncles.
I thought that this thread would get a little more interest.

Ray

Reaction score
Cool. Getting them involved and off of the PlayStation is always a good thing. I could never get my dad interested in the hobby but my uncle never discouraged it an let me help on some projects. Gotta love those cool uncles.
I thought that this thread would get a little more interest.

I also thought I would see a few more posters, but it has been a little slow here lately. Over the years I have encouraged and helped a few young guys. They may not be family per say, but I have one fellow who drops by frequently to help with my cuda build.

Brads70

Reaction score
I have 3 boys 15,13,and 11 They all into cars. The oldest wants a 78-81 firebird, middle one wants a 69 Mustang and the youngest REALLY wants a 69 Charger..BAD! LOL
They all love being picked up or dropped off in the Challenger...especially the oldest in H/S as the car seems to attract the girls!:thumbsup:
They all love to go to shows, the yougest was almost in tears when I told him he couldn't come to Carlisle last year. I'll have to bring him next year.

btceng

Reaction score
Things have been a little slow lately. I guess everyone's busy with whatever else we do. I know down here hunting season is getting close and that's consuming most of my friends. I got the idea for this topic from BigJim's thread on mentoring. It made me think about how we can advance the hobby and encourage today's kids to have an interest in something that isn't digital or produced anymore.

Like others, my son's fascination with Mopars came from the General Lee.

Big Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the plug- and for what it's worth, the offer to help still stands. Jim

Back