• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lower control arm bushing?

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
I have a 73 challenger and I'm working on the lower co troll arms. I pressed the spindle out and got the bushing and old outer sleeve out.

Now I went to press the new bushing in but the inside diameter of the bushing where the spindle goes into has a metal sleeve that is the exact size of the spindle. So I did not press it in yet, there is no way the inside sleeve will mate with the spindle. And I have tried 4 different bushings two generic and 2moog factory sealed k791 bushings. They will fit In the control arm but I don't see the spindle going back in without pushing that inside metal sleeve out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated this is the last part to getting my front end back together.

Reaction score
I have a 73 challenger and I'm working on the lower co troll arms. I pressed the spindle out and got the bushing and old outer sleeve out.

Now I went to press the new bushing in but the inside diameter of the bushing where the spindle goes into has a metal sleeve that is the exact size of the spindle. So I did not press it in yet, there is no way the inside sleeve will mate with the spindle. And I have tried 4 different bushings two generic and 2moog factory sealed k791 bushings. They will fit In the control arm but I don't see the spindle going back in without pushing that inside metal sleeve out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated this is the last part to getting my front end back together.
Any chance the old bushing inner sleeve is still on the spindle shaft? you didn't say that you removed the inner sleeve in your post

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
You tell me I'm not sure this is my first time doing this?

Any chance the old bushing inner sleeve is still on the spindle shaft? you didn't say that you removed the inner sleeve in your post

IMG_9122.JPG

IMG_9123.JPG

Cranky

Reaction score
Another trick to getting those off is using a gas axe to heat it up. They heat up real quick and usually slip right off if the shaft is suspended where the sleeve can fall off.

Back