• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Me and my A66 Conv

jeff968

Reaction score
Mom dug out this photo the last time I was over. How lucky was I to have my first car be a 1970 A66 Conv, original FC7. This was 1979. I paid $400 for it.

Challenger.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Cool pic. Looks like you are doing some sanding with the electric drill and sanding disc. $400 bucks got you a pretty decent looking A66 vert.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I miss not being able to buy good condition muscle cars from local newspaper classifieds at an affordable price, now days the demand and price is high, the condition is not good and you have to compete with everybody because of the internet. I remember sellers used to get excited someone was actually interested in their car and when you actually show up at their home they were more then willing to negotiate.

jeff968

Reaction score
Sorry if I should know this but does the car still exist?

Yes it does. It has been flipped a number of times and I'm not sure exactly where it is now but one of the recent owners called me 5 years or so ago with questions. It is restored. It was a "Q" code car as well.

Assuie, on the plus side, the replacement parts market is 1000% better! I used to buy all kinds of NOS parts at the dealer but they all dried up by the early eighties. Then it was junkyard pickings and swap meets. But those were fun times.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I miss not being able to buy good condition muscle cars from local newspaper classifieds at an affordable price, now days the demand and price is high, the condition is not good and you have to compete with everybody because of the internet. I remember sellers used to get excited someone was actually interested in their car and when you actually show up at their home they were more then willing to negotiate.

All so true!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Headers after you painted it black? What did you do with the $500 worth of manifolds?:p

Back