• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

mini starter with Doug's?

1973Barracuda

Reaction score
Need some help, looking to buy new headers for my Barracuda, currently a 318 and plan eventually to go to a mild 360. Do I need a mini starter with Doug's headers? I believe I do with TTi's. And has anyone used Spitfires? I think I want to avoid the Hookers due to the 1 7/8 diameter. Any help is appreciated. I did a search and couldn't find the info on Doug's. Don't mind spending the money on quality headers, not sure if I can see the expense of the starter tho.
Jason

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Some one will be able to answer your question's, this is a great site, with some helpful people.

I'm a body/paint guy, but we have some great mechanical members here.

Rob C

Reaction score
It should not be a problem, though you should be sure it is a Mopar starter because even though the starter looks like a "Mopar" starter, it may not be exactly the same and fitment may be an issue.

I Found out the hard way.

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, the exhaust port on a 318 is smaller than a 360. If you intend to fit a 360 in the future then you should get headers suitable for a 360 but you may have a sealing problem if you are not careful.
Mini starters off of '80's trucks are supposed to fit with the TTi's, not sure about the others.

Back