• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mirrors, Are they or aren't they??????????

wolfyffs

Reaction score
I bought these mirrors from a guy on Ebay who claimed they were for a 70 E body. After recieving them I noticed right off that they didn't match. The PS appears to be the same same style as a 70 E body but the DS looks like 71-74. He swears up and down that they are 70's model mirrors and aren't supposed to be a matched set. I say BS. I've never seen a mismatched set of mirrors on a car from the factory and doubt anyone else has either. They are Mopar produced mirrors as they both have the Pentastar cast into them but the part numbers don't match anything in the interchange manual. DS=3454036 and PS=3454096. Let's hear it folks. What do you think? 006.jpg010.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
They look correct to me. The part#s are correct for the 1970 base. The mirrors also look correct . The 70's were smaller than the 71-74.
The drivers mirror has a larger glass to give a larger, clearer image. The passenger is smaller and focused for a longer distance. You must be a newbie to Mopars. Thats ok, we have a learning curve.

wolfyffs

Reaction score
No Not a newbie as you put it just don't claim to know everything either. By the way, the slander wasn't called for or needed.

moparleo

Reaction score
No slander, you are the one who said it was" BS and you have never seen a mismatched set from the factory", and were looking for someone to agree with you to give you confirmation that you were correct. Sorry, you were wrong. I was not the one who was confused and didn't know if they were the right mirrors or not. Ask a question, get an answer, sorry it wasn't the one you wanted.
Lets just call it something new learned that a lot of people don't know.
Very nice canine you have there.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Dang, Moparleo, you have a way to rile people up without even trying. And you really didn't do anything to deserve it this time! Relax Woltyffs, he knows his stuff.

76PACK

Reaction score
They look correct to me,if you don't want them I will buy them from you. My 72 demon has two different mirrors also. I think all 70 cuda's with racing mirrors are two different size mirrors. Thanks D.B.

mikebee

Reaction score
all a body sport mirrors are like those but i think only 70 e bodies were....i think the pass side looks cool and wish the dr side was likat.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Correct parts but for 70 only . 71-74 were different , I have sold 70 right side mirrors for $300-400 rare & expensive .
Leo tends to be blunt / harsh , I assume it is LEO as in Law Enforcement Officer ?

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Correct parts but for 70 only . 71-74 were different , I have sold 70 right side mirrors for $300-400 rare & expensive .
Leo tends to be blunt / harsh , I assume it is LEO as in Law Enforcement Officer ?

Naw, it's his zodiac sign.............ba,ha,ha,ha

Back