• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Missing Clip for AC Duct

Olacmot

Reaction score
Hi All, can anyone tell me what clip or piece goes in the hole of this duct piece? I didn’t see it in the shop manual. 1971 Challenger with factory AC.

This has never been put together in my car… I cleaned the duct up this weekend and found remnants of a clip. I’d like to get one before I attempt to reassemble.

Thanks!

IMG_5342.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Best pic that I have, I used to have all these but sold the extras. It's an S-shaped metal bracket, the one in the back is an original and the others I just made up out of some sheet metal. IIRC it attaches to the duct with one of those plastic push rivets like are typically found in newer cars for securing plastic panels.

IMG_1893.JPG

Olacmot

Reaction score
Best pic that I have, I used to have all these but sold the extras. It's an S-shaped metal bracket, the one in the back is an original and the others I just made up out of some sheet metal. IIRC it attaches to the duct with one of those plastic push rivets like are typically found in newer cars for securing plastic panels.

View attachment 122939

Nice!!!! Thank you, this is super helpful. This bracket is miraculously still attached to my dash frame, for years I thought it was something someone bolted on after market. Glad I didn’t toss it.

Back