• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Moral support - please read

ramenth

Reaction score
Hey, folks.

Most of you on here know what the wife and I are going through with her brain tumor. She's out of work, and because of the constant care she needs I've been "forced" to close up shop, meaning that now, so I am.

I'm one of those guys who likes to plan things out in advance as far as our finances go, what needs to be budgeted for, what needs to be saved for. It's meant that some of ducks are in a row, but it won't be before too long, some of those ducks will scatter and head off in different directions. Some of those ducks will need to be just be shot in head and forgotten about.

The lack of uncertainty can be...disquieting...to say the least. I know I'm not alone in this. There's folks here who are in the same position, or may know of someone in this kind of position.

My wife's illness is a priority. She's my priority. But the weight of the world is weighing on me. You see, in the role of caregiver I've taken on all the burdens that she previously had. The things she used to enjoy doing are now mine to do for her. It makes her feel helpless, not being able to do those things, which stresses her. Now that I've taken on those tasks, as well as the things I do, it stresses me to ensure those things get done. Since she's had to scale back I've also had to help her find other things to fill her day with. Which ain't easy. Here's a woman who's used to being busy with work and busy at home being told she can't do certain things, especially in her gardens, here and at work.

Of course, that speaks of just the physical limitations. There's also the mental limitations. She can be downright paranoid at times. A paranoia which can manifest itself in different ways, which blocks out all rational thought. Rational thought itself can take a back seat and common sense flies out the window. Yesterday I found her trying to take an entire 25 pounds of sugar out of storage and never once did it occur to her that all she needed was a cup and that could have been taken from the canister I keep sugar in for my coffee, sitting right on the counter, by the coffee pot, in front of her.

Then there's the emotional stress. We're both scared shitless over this. Sorry, I know, I usually edit those words as I post, but somehow s***less just doesn't convey the importance of it. One of my jobs of husband and caregiver is to not let her see how scared I am. Keeping a poker face while we discuss our options can be emotionally draining.

So, let's recap: finances are going to get tight. Physical stress is heaped on. Keeping her on an even keel and thinking things through. Emotional stress. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did, so forgive me.

It's said that God never puts more on our plate than we can handle. At times, though, we look at Him and ask Him to keep that serving of mashed 'taters, or to just keep a few more peas in the bowl, 'cause that plate is looking mighty full.

If you're needing that moral support, please, speak up.

If you're one of those who can offer that moral support, please, speak up. A few PM's, maybe a few phone calls, just to give someone a chance to have someone to talk to, can go a long way to helping us look at those two or three extra peas on the plate and realize they ain't so much.

If you know of someone on here who might be in dire need of financial support, please, let us know. Personally I can't give a lot, I may be asking ya'll for help myself.

If you're one on here who can spare a few bucks to help a brother, please, speak up, even if just in PM to the person in need, and help in that way, if you can.

Last edited:

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Ramenth, for me to say I know what you are going through I can't. I will be one of the guys on here if you need to talk with I will lend a ear.

I to am one of those people that had life give me a detour. I had a stroke at age 29 that I will say changed my life forever. I can say some for the good and some still not so good but not bad either.

I was working 80-90 hours a week and never sleeping. I missed out on what was important to me and that was spending time with family and friends.

I will also add that both my parents are disabled and my grandmother is now living with us who needs care. If it wouldnt be for my parents I would be in the gutter and if it wouldnt be for us working together we all wouldnt be able to make things work.

I commend you for knowing what is and always will be important to you and that is the love for your wife and the care that you are giving her.

If you ever need to talk about anything and everything or take a break when you have time to just talk cars I will be one of those guys to lend an ear and just talk shop.

We all at one time in our lives have needed help and with as many of us on here that are close (I'm new still and making friends but feel the family vibe here) I'm sure a fund raiser and different things can be done to help out a fellow car guy and more important our fellow man who is doing what a real man does and that is take care of his family and love his wife till then ends of the earth.

I will send a pm with my number and like I said if you just need to talk shop and have a little break (I know that is hard to find at times) from daily stress I will gladly do that.

I will also keep you and your wife and family in our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I am working on helping a member on another site with a similar situation .
Maybe if we can get everyone to kick in even as little as $10-20 month we can cover your bills without any financial strain to the rest of us .
Do you have Paypal , it can be sent free as a gift if that helps/
Moral support is no problem not very efficient to phone from where we are located but we can PM , & you are in our prayers . Hang in there

Last edited:

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Robert, I listen to my wife on almost all things. I think she is very wise, and much smarter then me. She is pretty religious also. And she always says "Everything Happens For A Reason", and I know sometimes thats hard to understand, but she's right. Sometimes we don't understand why, but we will in the future. Stay strong my friend, and if there's anything I can do for you, I will! God Bless, Praying for you and Sarah

74 challenger

Reaction score
Ramenth, im sorry about what you are going threw. My best friend adoped 3 kids and one day he was working and the boy stabbed his wife to death. Both of us walk with the Lord and how do you deal with that? 9 years later and he is doing well. I ask the Lord all the time WHY what good came from all this. HIS-the Lords-ways are higher then ours. We will not understand his ways to bring him glory.The Lord is our strength,draw unto him and he will come to you.You will be and have been in my prayers.There are times in life that sucks and this is one of those times.Please keep us updated in any needs. Dave

B

Benji

Spiritual Support

Ramenth,

(Copy from above) "It's said that God never puts more on our plate than we can handle." Yes I have heard that "the bible" says that "somewhere" but so far I have not been able to find it in the 36 years I have been a Christian or in the three times I've read the entire Bible through or in the 30 odd times I've read the New Testament through. The truth is, that saying simply is not found anywhere in the bible. So that means that God DOES give us more than we can handle? Yes! So why does God give us more than we can handle? So we will give our lives over to Him and by our faith in His power we allow Him to handle our lives by faith; faith in God. "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek him." (Hebrews 11:6) So you see we must seek Him, believe in Him and trust in Him. Trust Him that He is doing exactly what needs to be done in your life. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2)

God has tested me numerous times, and while I don't like being tested that is the only way He knows whether we have faith in Him or not. Have you put your faith in Him?

benji

ramenth

Reaction score
Ramenth,

Have you put your faith in Him?

benji

Benji, I'll tell you that I have. I did so a year before I met Sarah. Now, it's definitely time to do so again. I'll refer you to the thread on FABO titled the same as here: "taking a vacation" for my witness.

The point of this thread, though, wasn't about me, truly, folks, but I used myself as an example.

Many of us go through the trials and tribulations of life and feel closed in. Many of us go through those trials and tribulations which face us feeling alone and depressed without knowing to whom or where to turn. That what this thread is about. Not me. Or not Sarah and I when this thread was first put up. But those folks who might have no one to talk to, no where to turn.

A PM, a phone call, or, if it's someone you know from work, someone you know from church, or even a neighbor, a knock on the door, can lighten the load a bit, ease the feeling of being alone, ease the burden a bit.

I made this post to encourage folks to reach out for help if they need it. Many of us here have been in situations beyond our control who would be willing to talk. Many of us here are willing to help, if a person may need the help.

Bill

Reaction score
There have been many people in my life that died and I regret not going to their funeral because of being too busy or the funeral being too far away. And what's worse is not having the time to visit them while they have been diagnosed with a life threatening illness and that is just "wrong". It's kind of weird that when a friend or aquantence is diagnosed with a life threatening illness that sometimes we don't pay them a visit while they are still alive. It's kind of like someone turned a switch and they have died already, when they have not. I relate 100% to what you are saying Ramenth. We live in a very fast pace society (at least here on the east coast) and don't take the time to do the things that are most important to us. I am 50 and was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (say that 3 times fast. lol) or HCM. Hereditary heart failure, enlarged heart. My dad died when he was 34 and my grandfather died when he was 59. I have two little girls 12 and 15 that have tested positive with the HCM gene. Their hearts are fine for now but may thicken as they get older, OR, may not... Unfortunately one of the side effects is "sudden death" so we keep a close eye on it. We are being told that we will more than likley die from something other than HCM. I wish you and your wife the best through this tough time.

B

Benji

Until I was 27 I thought I was a Christian. The reason I though this was I wasn't a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu or a Buddhist so by default I was a Christian and besides the church I attended as a kid talked a lot about God and Jesus so they must be Christians. There are millions of people who were just like I was. Then after a debilitating loss of my wife and little boy I REALLY became a Christian. Did I "believe" in Jesus before then? Yes but it was not "biblical" belief. I "believed" in Jesus like I "believed" George Washington was the first president of the USA, or that Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address in Gettysburg, PA. But that is not biblical belief.

To illustrate "biblical" belief there is a story about a man who years ago strung a tight rope across the Niagara River at the falls. A crowd gathered and he said "if you believe I can walk across the falls on this tight rope raise your hand." A few people raised their hands and he walked across the river to Canada and then returned. The crowd cheered at his return. He then pulled a wheelbarrow up onto the rope and asked the people if they believed he could push the wheelbarrow across the river. Most of the hands went up and he pushed the wheelbarrow across and back. Again the crowd cheered at his return. He then asked to see a show of hands of those who believed he could push the wheelbarrow across the river with a person inside of it. This time almost every person in the crowd raised a hand. He pointed to a gentleman in the front row who was holding his hand up and said "get into the wheelbarrow." This is biblical belief. It is real easy to say "I believe in God." It is much more difficult to have real biblical belief in God which means you have placed your faith in Him and in His word and that come what may you have an unshakable confidence that whatever happens to you it is because God has ordained it for your good.

Benji

Cooter 14

Reaction score
Hey, folks.

Most of you on here know what the wife and I are going through with her brain tumor. She's out of work, and because of the constant care she needs I've been "forced" to close up shop, meaning that now, so I am.

I'm one of those guys who likes to plan things out in advance as far as our finances go, what needs to be budgeted for, what needs to be saved for. It's meant that some of ducks are in a row, but it won't be before too long, some of those ducks will scatter and head off in different directions. Some of those ducks will need to be just be shot in head and forgotten about.

The lack of uncertainty can be...disquieting...to say the least. I know I'm not alone in this. There's folks here who are in the same position, or may know of someone in this kind of position.

My wife's illness is a priority. She's my priority. But the weight of the world is weighing on me. You see, in the role of caregiver I've taken on all the burdens that she previously had. The things she used to enjoy doing are now mine to do for her. It makes her feel helpless, not being able to do those things, which stresses her. Now that I've taken on those tasks, as well as the things I do, it stresses me to ensure those things get done. Since she's had to scale back I've also had to help her find other things to fill her day with. Which ain't easy. Here's a woman who's used to being busy with work and busy at home being told she can't do certain things, especially in her gardens, here and at work.

Of course, that speaks of just the physical limitations. There's also the mental limitations. She can be downright paranoid at times. A paranoia which can manifest itself in different ways, which blocks out all rational thought. Rational thought itself can take a back seat and common sense flies out the window. Yesterday I found her trying to take an entire 25 pounds of sugar out of storage and never once did it occur to her that all she needed was a cup and that could have been taken from the canister I keep sugar in for my coffee, sitting right on the counter, by the coffee pot, in front of her.

Then there's the emotional stress. We're both scared shitless over this. Sorry, I know, I usually edit those words as I post, but somehow s***less just doesn't convey the importance of it. One of my jobs of husband and caregiver is to not let her see how scared I am. Keeping a poker face while we discuss our options can be emotionally draining.

So, let's recap: finances are going to get tight. Physical stress is heaped on. Keeping her on an even keel and thinking things through. Emotional stress. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did, so forgive me.

It's said that God never puts more on our plate than we can handle. At times, though, we look at Him and ask Him to keep that serving of mashed 'taters, or to just keep a few more peas in the bowl, 'cause that plate is looking mighty full.

If you're needing that moral support, please, speak up.

If you're one of those who can offer that moral support, please, speak up. A few PM's, maybe a few phone calls, just to give someone a chance to have someone to talk to, can go a long way to helping us look at those two or three extra peas on the plate and realize they ain't so much.

If you know of someone on here who might be in dire need of financial support, please, let us know. Personally I can't give a lot, I may be asking ya'll for help myself.

If you're one on here who can spare a few bucks to help a brother, please, speak up, even if just in PM to the person in need, and help in that way, if you can.
Benji, I'll tell you that I have. I did so a year before I met Sarah. Now, it's definitely time to do so again. I'll refer you to the thread on FABO titled the same as here: "taking a vacation" for my witness.

The point of this thread, though, wasn't about me, truly, folks, but I used myself as an example.

Many of us go through the trials and tribulations of life and feel closed in. Many of us go through those trials and tribulations which face us feeling alone and depressed without knowing to whom or where to turn. That what this thread is about. Not me. Or not Sarah and I when this thread was first put up. But those folks who might have no one to talk to, no where to turn.

A PM, a phone call, or, if it's someone you know from work, someone you know from church, or even a neighbor, a knock on the door, can lighten the load a bit, ease the feeling of being alone, ease the burden a bit.

I made this post to encourage folks to reach out for help if they need it. Many of us here have been in situations beyond our control who would be willing to talk. Many of us here are willing to help, if a person may need the help.
God bless guys we will keep you in our prayers cooter14

Cooter 14

Reaction score

Back