• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member...writing "The Definitive Guide To The 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger and Plym

E-Body Author

Reaction score
HI there!

CarTech Books has asked me to write The Definitive Guide to the 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger and Plymouth Barracuda for them, and I'm looking for some help to get it done by my September 15th deadline. (It'll be on the streets in April, per the folks at CarTech Books)

What I'm looking for is:

-MSRP (sticker price) info for the 1972, 1973 and 1974 Challenger and Barracuda. Salesman Pocket Guides for Dodge and Plymouth for those years would be most helpful, along with old Edmunds' New Car Price Guides.

-
High-resolution images of ORIGINAL 1971-74 E-Bodies--preserved originals and restorations. (Not looking for cars that are modified.)

What I'm looking for are pictures of a car by itself--NOT SHOW FIELD SHOTS (which my editor will not use)--showing overall views of the car plus interior, under-hood and exterior details. I'm looking for ORIGINAL Slant 6 and 318-powered cars that still have a 318 or Leaning Tower of Power in them as much as I am looking for the original big-engined ones.

Specifically, I'm looking for JPG or TIFF files at least 2 MB or larger, with 300-400 dpi resolution. In return, you'll get an autographed copy of the book once it comes out in April, along with mention in the "Acknowledgements" in the front of the book. Also, I'm looking for any high-resolution images of the Sox & Martin or Dick Landy Pro Stock E-Body cars....in the pits, on the strip, at a Performance Clinic, etc. (If all you have are clear, sharp prints, I can have them scanned here & send them back to you.)

-Any first-person stories about advertising, selling and marketing the 1971-74 E-Body cars. (I've already heard from a lot of engineers, stylists and product planners for the book's earlier chapters, so any insights you might add would be great. Same deal here--an autographed copy of the book in exchange for your story.

As I've got the chapters on the 1970 Challenger & Barracuda, and the pre-1970 planning, styling and engineering all done, the focus now is on the 1971-74 model years.

Hit me back at my e-mail address PM for email if you've got something to contribute.

My deadline to get all this done is September 15th, so the sooner I hear back from you the better!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Scott Ross
Riverview, FL

Last edited by a moderator:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Sounds like quite a task, good luck with it. Somebody put a T/A spoiler and the stripes on wrong on my '71 convertible well over 20 years ago so I guess I'm out.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. We don't allow e mail or phone numbers to be put in posts. People at more then welcome to send you a private message though.

Back