• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Posting E Body for Sale

LanceLotLink

Reaction score
Hello:
New on FEBO. I'm preparing to post a 1973 E body for a friend's widow. I have a few questions to try and make it easier on everyone. I have a lot of pictures of the car and recent pics of engine and trans. (VIN) numbers. There is at least $9k in new parts. There is a lot of rust so I'm assuming only people within a certain distance will come and look at the car in Detroit area. I know that I have to post this in the For Sale section, with a price, and pictures. Any advice? Don't want to break any rules on here either. Never sold anything on here and I live about an hour from the car. Should I list it and if there's any interest give out her phone number (in PM)? Should I post a few pics and if someone wants more, I can send those in PM? Thanks for any help/advice.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
@LanceLotLink

Post it in the discussion thread if you are unsure of the price. The discussion threads do not have an expiration period so they will be open for someone to contact you far into the future.

If you post it in the for sale section post a higher price than what you think it is worth and explain that the price posted is above value but you post it like that so as to not break the rules.
Make a good not of Or Best Offer.
The for sale section, I think, closes the thread from further discussion in 30 days if no posts. That is not a good thing(my opinion) .

Absolutely, make sure you post the fender tag, vin tag and door sticker. If you can post the two vin stamps, one on the cowl and one on the radiator shroud that will also help with the sale.
If the motor and trans are matching then you should also post those pictures.
The more numbers you can post, the more perceived value the car will have.
Post as many pictures as you can handle uploading. We will all pour lots of time looking at every little nook and cranny.
Cross post the car onto the other ebody site. The more eyes you can get on that car the better chance it will sale.

LanceLotLink

Reaction score
And a kind of location helps as well.

BF egypt is just over the pass from me. I'll come take a look.......
Thanks for the tips, they will help a lot! I'm just waiting for a number from her. I could not find the VIN on the transmission, I thought it was on passenger side. BUT, got the part number and date code from driver side. Could not make out the cowl either, car has been painted three times. I think paint stripper and brass bristle brush. Thanks Cuda Hunter.

LanceLotLink

Reaction score
Does the car retain it's broadcast sheet, window sticker, order form or any other factory documentation.
Did some more research on exactly where the cowl and rad. support are supposed to be, have to go back and look. 1st time looking couldn't find them, painted over methinks. Could not read engine number under drivers head, too rusty. Found engine pad VIN, it's matching. Could not find passenger side cast "pad" on transmission for that VIN. Still have to look for build sheets. I had her son looking while I was on the phone to him. I'm 1.5 hours away. Rather be in the Mountains like you than surrounded by pyramids. I'll be in Parker, CO. for Thanksgiving though.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello:
New on FEBO. I'm preparing to post a 1973 E body for a friend's widow. I have a few questions to try and make it easier on everyone. I have a lot of pictures of the car and recent pics of engine and trans. (VIN) numbers. There is at least $9k in new parts. There is a lot of rust so I'm assuming only people within a certain distance will come and look at the car in Detroit area. I know that I have to post this in the For Sale section, with a price, and pictures. Any advice? Don't want to break any rules on here either. Never sold anything on here and I live about an hour from the car. Should I list it and if there's any interest give out her phone number (in PM)? Should I post a few pics and if someone wants more, I can send those in PM? Thanks for any help/advice.
From the staff, If you are the middle man on the sale, post it in the proper car sale forum following the sale rules. I wouldn't post her contact information. You can share that through a personal message. No need for scammers to get her personal info. Do your homework on a value through previous sales here and on the internet. We (the sites) have Bern cracking down on "what's it worth" threads. Many turn into sales and they will get deleted. If you have questions upy can reach out to the staff to get the right answers.

LanceLotLink

Reaction score
From the staff, If you are the middle man on the sale, post it in the proper car sale forum following the sale rules. I wouldn't post her contact information. You can share that through a personal message. No need for scammers to get her personal info. Do your homework on a value through previous sales here and on the internet. We (the sites) have Bern cracking down on "what's it worth" threads. Many turn into sales and they will get deleted. If you have questions upy can reach out to the staff to get the right answers.
Thanks Mike, I'm waiting for a price from her and I am still looking for some of the numbers. She doesn't need to be involved unless there's an offer, at that point I give my phone number (in a PM) so a buyer can call me and get her info. I'll post it in E Bodies for Sale, I suppose. How to reach out to staff? PM staff directly, I guess.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I'm waiting for a price from her and I am still looking for some of the numbers. She doesn't need to be involved unless there's an offer, at that point I give my phone number (in a PM) so a buyer can call me and get her info. I'll post it in E Bodies for Sale, I suppose. How to reach out to staff? PM staff directly, I guess.
Yes. A pm to me would be fine. I check in a few times a day and Joey the owner is here daily as well.

Back