• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Priming and 340 Intake question

DaveH

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Question: Can I prime my 340 on the engine stand without the intake being on the engine?

I want to check for leaks before it’s in the car in a few months. I’d rather fix it out of the car then when it’s in the car. I’ve converted the car to a shaker car and it’s all painted. Right now I’m using an LD340 intake. I’m installing the engine and trans on a jig that I welded together from under the car.

The reason I don’t want to install the intake permanently at this point is I want to put the engine in the engine bay and make sure it fits with the shaker and all is aligning properly with the proper hood to carb and base plate clearance. It would be a lot easier this way in case I have to get a shorter or taller intake. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks
Dave

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
For sure you can prime it with the intake off. It gives you a good chance to check for oil at all the lifters as well.

Sheldon

Adam

Reaction score
You will not see oil to the rockers unless you rotate the crank... keep track of the rotations, so you can put it back to TDC.

Back