• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PUI Door Glass Felts aka Window Fuzzies

quapman

Reaction score
I bought a set, because Top Cat brand are almost twice the price. My advice...DO NOT buy the PUI ones. Here is my e-mail conversation with them, the latest being the THIRD I sent after Ron's initial response. This was yesterday, 10/4/2016. Still nothing.

Hi Ron

I’m still waiting for “PUI to stand behind the product and we will absolutely do everything we can to make sure it’s right for you. “

I am not drilling holes in another freshly painted door. I am not bending a part that I paid good money to be right.

If you didn’t get the picture link, here it is again: http://s449.photobucket.com/user/quapman/library/PUI Window Felts

Steve XXX-XXX-XXXX

From: Sales & Customer Service [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:00 PM
To: Moore, Steve
Subject: RE: 73 cuda Window Felts

Steve,

I understand what you’re saying, the Cuda and Challengers are a strange set of cars that LOOK a lot alike but they share almost no sheet metal whatsoever. I BELIEVE that the doors may be one of the few pieces they do share though. If you have holes that don’t link up, the best thing we can do right off the bat is compare those to our pattern here. You can send these back for us to compare and we will happily do so but the faster way to get that answer is if you could take those measurements yourself off the parts you have. If you can put a tape measure on the front of the part and measure back to each hole, noting the distance between each, we will be able to compare that to our pattern here. If they don’t match the pattern for a 73 Cuda, then we know you don’t have the correct part for your car. If they DO match our pattern for a 73 Cuda then we have to evaluate from there. Part of this will be determining what we sold to Tamraz and if it was labeled correctly or if they may have shipped you an incorrect part. If you can send us this information we will get moving to check all this out.

As a mechanical guy myself, I’ll tell you what I’d do. IF the length is correct, and the curve isn’t far off, I’d drill the holes I needed and use them to alter the contour of the felt to where it should be. Your pictures look like they’re not far off, just dipping down a bit. If the overall length is good then moving the bend a bit using the screws shouldn’t be difficult at all. This is a solution for a DIYer that wants to get it done ASAP. This in no way intimates that PUI will not stand behind the product and we will absolutely do everything we can to make sure it’s right for you. This is just my personal statement. If the length doesn’t match up then it wouldn’t work. Just an extra 2 cents.

Thanks

ROn

Ron Fox

RPUI Netadmin

502-425-3766 x123

[email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:17 AM
To: Sales & Customer Service <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: 73 cuda Window Felts

Greetings

I recently purchased a set of PUI outer window felts for my 73 cuda from Tamraz on ebay. They have decided to ignore my requests for action on what I believe to be mis-packaged and/or defective items. At least half the holes on the door sections do not line up and the curve of the metal reinforcement is incorrect. Perhaps these are Challenger pieces?

Please see pics: http://s449.photobucket.com/user/quapman/library/PUI Window Felts?sort=3&page=1

Please advise as to my options.

Thanks

Steve Moore
[email protected]

Back