• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

pull the plug

2darts

Reaction score
ok
bulkhead wire.jpg
on the back of the fuse block is the bulkhead disconnect, the wire from the interior to the engine compartment run through connectors in in the bulkhead disconnect. before I do something stupid does anyone know how to remove them? should I just give a good pull? thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If you want to remove the individual wires they have a clip that holds them mounted. You have to push the clip down with a tiny screw driver or the like. Then the wire will come out with the metal connector still on it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You do have to be careful, a junk or doner connector to practice on is ideal for this.

2darts

Reaction score
I'm going to do the amp meter bypass because I can already see burn marks on the new engine compartment connector. in an article to the bypass amp meter they drill out the connector and run the new wire through it, I'm thinking of just drilling through the fire wall use some grommets and passing the wire that way so I don't take a chance of f-ing up the fuse block. has anyone done this bypass and how fragile is the bulkhead connector?

bc3j

Reaction score
I still use an ammeter but routed the two wires that carry the load through the clutch plug on the firewall. I have an auto. I think Chrysler called it the fleet bypass used for police, taxis and others that have a large current draw.

moparlee

Reaction score
Or run your wire directly from the alternator output stud to the starter relay battery stud and not go through the fire wall. Then replace the amp meter with a volt meter.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Or run your wire directly from the alternator output stud to the starter relay battery stud and not go through the fire wall. Then replace the amp meter with a volt meter.
Thats the best option the original ammeter was not designed to handle any high current faults & could still cause a fire if used as an ammeter

Back