• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

QA1 k-frame and Proforged pivot shafts

Quiny

Reaction score
The Proforged lower control arm pivot shafts will work with the factory k-frame but not the QA1 k-frame. The design is just different enough on both to prevent the shaft from seating all the way in. The QA1 uses 2 welded in bushings, a larger and smaller diameter to accept the taper on the pivot shaft and it works fine with the stock pivot shafts but the Proforged shaft has the first taper near the threads much closer to the threads and not as gradual as the stock shaft. The smaller bushing on the QA1 k-frame offers a hard edge where the bushing begins and will not allow the shaft to pass. I should have left my stock pivot shafts alone. I cant blame one or the other, they are just both different and will not work together.

Katfish

Reaction score
Interesting, got any pics?
Surprised the Proforged pivots work with stock K-frame.
Sounds like a QA1 problem?

Quiny

Reaction score
Interesting, got any pics?
Surprised the Proforged pivots work with stock K-frame.
Sounds like a QA1 problem?

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

Katfish

Reaction score
Ok, I see the issue now, Thx for pic
I'm in the middle of deciding whether to buy ProForge and going poly on those bushings.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the stock shaft (also forged!) look bigger in diameter? Even the threads look bigger. Could be just a two dimensional photo playing tricks.

Quiny

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the stock shaft (also forged!) look bigger in diameter? Even the threads look bigger. Could be just a two dimensional photo playing tricks.
They are the same, it's just the pic.

Back