• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

QA1 Lower Control Arms

cudaclive

Reaction score
Anyone using these? I am updating my front suspension and have mostly Hotchkis parts, except the lower control arms. I was thinking of getting the QA1 lower control arms. Are they stronger or better?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

cudaclive

cudaclive

Reaction score
Can you buy factory LCAs with the stiffening plate welded in? As mine are damaged.

jerry heltzel

Reaction score
Hi cudaclive I went a step further I bought QA1 lower control arms as well as Hotchkis upper control arm , tie rods , strut rods , sway bar , pitman arm idler arm all Hotchkis + mopar performance torsion bars, Bilstine shocks , new right stuff disc brake conversion kit all @ the same time. PROBLEM tie rod on driver side touching torsion bar. ! When Turing to right even a turn it rubs. Anyone out that can offer up solution . Or have went this path. The plus is it feels like a rack and pinion now . I really want to win this battle. Thanks in advance. Not able to enjoy my ride :-(

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Jerry
You can install a shim or 2 between the steering box & K frame to tilt the box slightly & gain the clearance .

I am always nervous using welded steering parts , the weld can weaken the metal beside the weld & tear there , I have seen a few failures of control arms this way , the factory used 1 piece stamped steel parts for a reason , they are durable .

cudaclive

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with the tire rubbing on the frame. Someone from cuda-challenger.com mentioned that the quick ratio idler/pitman arm could be the problem. Do you have this on yours? I haven't swapped mine out yet. I'm just waiting for my TTi headers to arrive, so I can install them. Then I will concentrate on the tire rubbing issue. Have you talked to QA1? If not, I will try and get some info from them.

cudaclive

Reaction score
Just found this on the QA1 website:

Part #52308 (lower control arm) is only recommended for 1962-70 B-Body applications with no sway bar or E-Body sway bar and QA1 K-Member #52315.
Part #52308 (lower control arm) is designed to work with the E-Body sway bar and the 1971-72 B-Body sway bar.

Looks like the QA1's E-body lower control arms only works with QA1's K-Member. What is the difference between the stock K-Member and QA1's K-Member? Anyone?

This is just ridiculous!

mmissile

Reaction score
I'll have to look to see which ones I installed. I also installed a larger/aftermarket sway-bar. Must be the tabs on the arms.

Back