• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Reproduction woodgrain for console.

Adam

Reaction score
I always give credit for a good product, but this time I am shocked at the shoddy quality. This REM woodgrain decal was not even close to fitting (it comes pre-cut) the holes didnt line up, and the contour was wrong....there was also a small tear in the tail strip just past the wrinkle. I saw how short it was overall and didnt even try to smooth it out, knowing it would have to come off. The material does not stretch and it was obviously not going to fit, look at the ridiculous gaps! Based on another member's thread I used Detroit Muscle Technologies woodgrain for my door panel inserts and they were excellent. UPDATE: I saw an ad from a woodgrain vendor on Ebay that says these will shrink until they are applied. In fairness that could be the case, except for the tear. So buy a quality item to begin with, check the fit, and apply immediately or you will be wasting your money.
IMG_3163.jpgIMG_3167.jpgIMG_3169.jpgIMG_3164.jpgIMG_3165.jpgIMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

Last edited:

burdar

Reaction score
I had an REM sticker sitting around for years so I used it. So far it's holding up fine. It had a crease in it but it came out during installation. With all the horror stories of these stickers I'm surprised mine turned out so nice. The grain pattern and color aren't exactly what I took off but it matches the new wood grain on the dash so I'm happy. If I start having issues with it, I will definitely be buying a new one from DMT. Your pictures are ridiculous. That decal isn't even close.

burdar

Reaction score
My top plate doesn't have the curved sections on the inside...in the shifter opening. Mine is just squared off there. Is yours a 4-speed piece?

burntorange70

Reaction score
Ya I got one of them stickers for my rally dash in my Dart. Junk! Don't fit and don't stick very well. Need to pull it off and shell out the bucks for some thing better.

Mike73Dodge

Reaction score
So. If REM should be avoided, who does make good replacement woodgrain stickers for the dash or console?

Adam

Reaction score
Some recommend Detroit Muscle Technologies. I have used their door panel wood grain and am happy with it. I have also ordered their Console woodgrain and will update this post when I get it.

Update: I got the DMT wood grain decal and installed it. It matched my door inserts exactly and was virtually a perfect fit. I believe the only way to get a better fit would be to make your own and hand fit .IMG_3186.jpgIMG_3181.jpgIMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

Last edited:
Back