• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rust........

ontherun

Reaction score
Our 73 had a vinyl top before we perchased it. the top looked good until I put the DA to it...it looks like the drip rail and sheetmetal behind the rear windows will need replacing....here's the question...I have a body man who assures us he can replace this part like new...I have faith that he can...but it's on both sides in the same place...would it be easier for him to fix the offending area or replace the whole roof..this is the only spots of rust everything else is cherry..I'm not even close to being a body man....any input would be helpfull.....L
IMG_0048.jpg

Last edited:

burdar

Reaction score
That can be fixed. Being that low, it looks like it's into the quarter and not just the roof. There will be more rust to fix on the bracing underneith that area too.

ontherun

Reaction score
Ya. my body man said that wasn't all. that the inside bracing needed love also....thank you for that input.. I'm feeling a little better about it....L

ontherun

Reaction score
V.T. Don't know about V.T. help me out with that... the body man said the under braces on both sides and a very small spot around the rear window must be repaired with new metal..also treated so the rust won't come back..I'm looking for a professional sand blaster to hit this thing... DetMatt1..I was born and raised in Monroe Mich..worked at Stroh for 10yrs. small world...L

DetMatt1

Reaction score
V.T. Don't know about V.T. help me out with that... the body man said the under braces on both sides and a very small spot around the rear window must be repaired with new metal..also treated so the rust won't come back..I'm looking for a professional sand blaster to hit this thing... DetMatt1..I was born and raised in Monroe Mich..worked at Stroh for 10yrs. small world...L

It is a small world! Stroh hah, kind of dating yourself there, lol! How long have you been in Texas? I live in West Bloomfield and grew up in Troy and Warren,
By v.t. I meant vinyl top, are you replacing it?
I do know of a media blaster down that way, his name is Donny and he's a regular over at FBBO.
http://www.drblast.com/

ontherun

Reaction score
No vinyl top...I've been in S.A. since 1983...Stroh was bought out and moved here to SA I worked here at Pabst for 15 years...I'm a locomotive engineer now for UP..I'll look up Donny...thanks for that....L

Back