• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker hood help

cuda71

Reaction score
Im looking for a shaker hood setup for my 71 cuda..and the only thing im finding is high, real high..i dont mind spending say 1500 on it but 2500 to 4500...ouch..ill even take a fiberglass hood with the scoop molded in if the quality is really good...

chasduster

Reaction score
Im looking for a shaker hood setup for my 71 cuda..and the only thing im finding is high, real high..i dont mind spending say 1500 on it but 2500 to 4500...ouch..ill even take a fiberglass hood with the scoop molded in if the quality is really good...

I have one but wife says i can't sell it....she likes to watch it shake..LOL

burntorange70

Reaction score

The shaker part would not work very well if the scoop was molded to the hood. LOL You could get one with a 6 pack scoop. Try AAR they have good glass parts.

cuda71

Reaction score
The shaker part would not work very well if the scoop was molded to the hood. LOL You could get one with a 6 pack scoop. Try AAR they have good glass parts.

yeah, you right it wouldnt work at all..but i was going to paint it up so it looked like it was a true shaker..untill i pop the hood and it lifted with the hood..but thx for your help ill call aar and see if he could make something for me..

cuda71

Reaction score
Well i called showcars fiberglass and got prices and its going to be around 1800 from him...but i getting alot of bad info on this guy...so hes out and i checked on shakerhoods and well hes high as crap..and this guy cant be trusted either...so im lost...called AAR and i have got great stuff from him before but he says he dont make nothing that bolts on..he did say he could make one but couldnt say it would fit right...so guys whats a person suppose to do...im lost..

pro71cuda

Reaction score
How about you buy that glass you need from me first then think about it later.;)

plumbeeper

Reaction score
You are not going to get a complete real shaker set-up that's any good for a couple grand...I don't care who you deal with...It's just not going to happen. If you're looking for the fiberglass one piece hoods, I think Penstar Reproductions bought out AAR a few years ago. I seen their stuff at the Mopar Nats and it looks good, but then again it's not going to be "shakin"

GTXperience...What's the deal with Ben? I've dealt with him for years, spent several thousand dollars and never a problem. I buy stuff on a monthly basis with Ben and always seems to be a very good guy to deal with, even returned a defective item and got a full refund.

Don't let one guys bad experience influence your decision. I've had good dealings with people that had bad reputations and bad dealings with people that had good reputations. You have to talk to the people you deal with and keep things straight-up and clear before you exchange money for parts.

Dave

cuda71

Reaction score
Yeah i think im going to bite the bullet and get the real thing..im not going to be happy unless i do..but think i might get everything from yearone...thx guys for ya help..

Back