• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

steering wheel for 70?

national

Reaction score
I know there was alot of different steering wheels in the cuds but anyways,I have a 70 that someone has put a 2 spoke newer wheel in & I want to go back to the right looking wheel,my car is a 70 barracuda,so I guess Im asking what wheel,wheels would look correct to a cuda or barracuda in 1970? pics would be awesome
Thanks,Brian

rt63

Reaction score
Check out the rim blow in my photos.

Tracy's wheetl.jpg

Last edited:

national

Reaction score
rt63..that looks great,now is that the only wheel that came on the 70? is yours aftermarket or factory ? Looks really nice,Thanks
Check out the rim blow in my photos.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have seen 4 1970 steering wheels: 1. The common wood grain 3 spoke wheel. 2. The rim blow wheel. 3. The 3 spoke wheel with the horn bar. 4. The 3 spoke wheel with black coachman grain instead of wood grain. I don't have pics on my tablet that I am using now. I'll look and see what is on my computer.

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I believe my 70 Challenger had a Tuff wheel.

rt63

Reaction score
Yes,these wheels were an option on a 70 and 71. I picked up my wheel for 125 bucks and sent it to a guy in near Carlisle Pa to have it restored.His restorations are a little over the top,as compared to others.But ,i like the look of it best. Total cost was about 1100.There is another guy from the same area who always has them for sale, for 700 to 1300.I have seen some go for over 2000.What color is the interior of your Barracuda?

national

Reaction score
My interior is black,its just a 318 barracuda that someone put a 383 in & the front seats,dash & maybe one door panel is from a 72-74 I think,Im gonna try to make sure its all back to 70 stuff & I know the steering wheel is 2 spoke so I wanted to start there,not a high dollar restoration so Id like what looks best & like it came on it for reasonable price
Yes,these wheels were an option on a 70 and 71. I picked up my wheel for 125 bucks and sent it to a guy in near Carlisle Pa to have it restored.His restorations are a little over the top,as compared to others.But ,i like the look of it best. Total cost was about 1100.There is another guy from the same area who always has them for sale, for 700 to 1300.I have seen some go for over 2000.What color is the interior of your Barracuda?

national

Reaction score
I like the all black wheel or the one with metal spokes which I assume is the rimblo or spoke? I dont like the woodgrain,not for me,like I said mine isnt original anyways,which one is more desirable & which is cheaper for a driver
That makes sence since Dodge was a higher line.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The rim blow is the most expensive wheel. The black rim was the lowest line wheel. As Matt pointed out, it may be a Challenger wheel only. I have taken bad woodgrain wheels and refinished them in black or other colors for a unique look.

Back