• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

title, vin, door sticker 70 V code Challener

Status
Not open for further replies.

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hard to believe this!!! But I found this in some boxes with a 72 340 4 speed project I purchased. Person i purchased car from Doesn't know anything about it, and is no help. It's illegal to vin tamper with our beloved muscle cars. Just hoping that the owner of this car is a member of this site. Or someone could send me in right direction. Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's possible. From what you have typed there is no way to know what car you are talking about.

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm New to this site. The titles from Illinois. What else do you need to know without me typing the whole Vin#

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm New to this site. The titles from Illinois. What else do you need to know without me typing the whole Vin#

Which I'd prefer you don't... a brief description of the break down of the VIN is all that's needed, please.

If you're willing to part with it, make sure the legitimate owner has further documentation to prove it's his, such as a rubbing of the data plate, a build sheet, and some proof from the numbers on the car itself.

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's what I was thinking. This stuff could make a normal car worth a lot of money. Thanks JS23V0B******

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have the door sticker. How was it taken off? They are made to come apart and say VOID when they are removed.

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V code

That's the first 6 digits of every V code challenger built in Michigan.... I don't see why it would hurt to post the full vin. This thread would provide evidence if it ever did fall into the wrong hands and get rebodied. Maybe at least give us all but the last 2 numbers or something other wise how will we ever find the car if in the unlikely event it still exists.

Last edited:

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have no clue how it was removed. But still has entire vin on it and some silver paint on it. Just missing a little bit after the last digit.

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True just a little cautious is all. JS23V0B3099** was assembled in April 1970 and looks like it was silver. Judging by paint on the underside of door sticker.

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V-code

Wow if the silver was original that would be a really cool car.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I were you I would start with registrys for the 70 Challengers. Most likely the car won't exist. If it does it raises the question of how did two identical VINs come about? I am guessing the car was parted for some reason. It could even have been stolen. You may want to inquire at your local police station. Here is one place to start. You can tell Barry at the Hamtramck site that Tod sent you.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Type the VIN in at the above link and see if anything comes up.

69GTXrestomod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I checked that out. Definitely don't want it to end up in the wrong hands... Not for sale. Also saw some stuff on there about cars that were rebodied. Would like to know how someone could do that and not get in trouble for Vin fraud? Think that's just as shady.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many of the original laws were done to keep people from putting clean VINs on stolen cars. The thought that one might combine two cars they owned wasn't in the lawmakers consideration. Where it falls now differs from state to state. You can go on any Mopar website and find pages of arguments about it. It is a well beat topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back