• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Want Stainless Steel Exhaust!

EbodyPro572

Reaction score
I decided to do SS exhaust from the headers back on my 572 challenger. Anyone know of a source in MICHIGAN??? I want to do 3" pipe all the way to the back and probably use magnaflow stainless muffs.

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Doesn't Pypes have a kit you can get from Summit? I have a Pypes 2.5in SS kit on my Challenger and it was nice and affordable.

73b3challenger

Reaction score
There is a good suplier in London Ontario cheap price and nice guy to deal whit .they sell on ebay i got my tips from them nice stuff .I think they are cald exhaust direct .They may go to the US they told me they suplie lot of shops. Il try to get the link .
http://www.exhaustdirect.ca/

Last edited:

wrkofrt

Reaction score
Doesn't Pypes have a kit you can get from Summit? I have a Pypes 2.5in SS kit on my Challenger and it was nice and affordable.

How was the fit, and did it bolt up to the manfolds? I looked at Pypes for my 71' 383, but i didn't see that they made them to go all the way to the manifolds. I only saw "crossmember back" kits

71Challenger318

Reaction score
How was the fit, and did it bolt up to the manfolds? I looked at Pypes for my 71' 383, but i didn't see that they made them to go all the way to the manifolds. I only saw "crossmember back" kits

I had a funny old set of headers. I had to get a set of stainless header connectors and a local exhaust shop made a 'mid pipe' to hook the x pipe to the headers and then I installed the rest of the system myself. Fit otherwise was very good. I got the through the valence setup. They make a "to the manifold" pipe kit for most engines that attaches to the system if you use stock manifolds.

Brads70

Reaction score
Doesn't Magnaflow make a stainless 3" kit for a E-Body? I bought there 2 1/2" stainless kit. Love the sound! ( 70 Challenger)

MichaelCat

Reaction score
For my small block Cuda, I was looking at the Pypes through the valence system and noticed that it comes with round mufflers. Their turndown system comes with the type of mufflers I'd rather have, but I need the through the valence exit. Is there a through the valence system that has regular oval or rectangular mufflers?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I just put in a Pypes system from the headers back 2.5" S/S under the valence with the X pipe.I had to go to a local muffler shop and have a couple of 3 inch offsets made to go from the collectors to set over to where there is more clearance under the car. The only thing I wasn`t too crazy about was the tailpipes don`t line up with the notches under the valence. Overall I am quite happy with the Pypes system sounds excellent and for the money I thought it was a good deal. I think they make a 3" kit.

Back