• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Window Adjustment

Weezel

Reaction score
Hey guys, just replaced a bad driver's side regulator now the glass is out of adjustment. What is the correct way to align it? 70 Cuda.
Thanks

js29

Reaction score
what way do you need to go? up and down on the front and back of the glass are stops that have adjustments, were the regulater bolts on you can move the glass back and forth.

Last edited:

Weezel

Reaction score
Seems ok until you get about 2" from full up, then it appears as if the glass need to rotate counter- clockwise. The top back of the glass sits about 3/8"over the metal of the back window. Where exactly are the stops?

js29

Reaction score
It's been A while but at the back and t word the front of the glass there should be stops, also if the glass looks like it needs to go in or out on the bottom of the door it should be slotted on the door frame and 2 bolts to adjust it that direction.o and check and see if the front track might need to go forward.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Pics to help.
dooralignment-1.jpg
glass1.jpg
glass2.jpg
glass3.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Actually where you find these glass adjustment instructions and many other interior and exterior items is in the BSM (Body Service Manual).

72*birdman

Reaction score
I got way more out of that simple figure 17 drawing and instructions. Than the engineer nautical instructions in the manual that about made my head explode.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I got way more out of that simple figure 17 drawing and instructions. Than the engineer nautical instructions in the manual that about made my head explode.
LOL. That is why I posted both instruction sets.

Racer57

Reaction score
Be sure and check the window alignment after opening and closing the door. A couple years ago I had to re align mine and thought I had it perfect. THEN I opened and closed the door and it was set way too far inwards. All adjustment areas will need moved. A little here and a little there. Have patience !!! :D

hpjunke

Reaction score
I got my new glass in with hardware and my passenger is perfect goes up and down no issues , super smooth with gaps all correct however , my driver side is maxed out pushing the top glass out and still hits the rubber . Not sure what is going on here but maybe one you guys can explain

Last edited:

hpjunke

Reaction score
I replaced the guides , stops and plastic related pieces. Also adjusted the door / fender still notta

Back