• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring fbo ignition

mopar70

Reaction score
I need help wiring the fbo ignition into the stock Dodge 383 electronic ignition harness. The way it's wired right now the box stays on after car is shut off.

mopar70

Reaction score
I've got the ballast resistor wires connected together eliminating the ballast resistor. The blue wire from my engine harness is connected to the positive side on coil. The ignition harness has two wires black and yellow connected to negative on coil and then there's another wire for power to the fbo ecu that is connected to the blue wire coming from the engine harness labeled distributor.

moparleo

Reaction score
The 1970 Challenger came with a standard points and condenser type ignition. What particular ignition model are you trying to hook up ? And did you buy it new ? If you did, have you tried to contact the ignition maker ? Do you have the install instructions ?

mopar70

Reaction score
I've hooked it up and had my car start and run just need to do the timing. The problem I have here is the ecu staying on. From my stock engine harness I have two wires one says to hook up to positive side on coil and other says distributor. Which wire is the run and start wire in the engine harness?

mopar70

Reaction score
No brown wire it's blue on positive coil. I found the problem at the bulk connecter I moved it around and it cut off power when key is off but if u wiggle it sometimes It gives power. For now it seem to work fine as I removed the connecter and reconnected it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Might be a good idea to disconnect all the wires from the bulkhead, clean all the contacts and make sure good connections are being made on all of them to prevent a future meltdown.

mopar70

Reaction score
Brand new everything this cars just an electrical nightmare because the previous owner didn't know jack s* * *

mopar70

Reaction score
Back to the same problem the connecter for the alternator and ignition still getting 12 volts with key off now it won't even turn off if u wiggle the connecter.

Back