• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB T/A quick ratio power steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanofpetty

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you may or may not know, there is nothing quick ratio within the box itself. The internals are the same as any other power steering box chrysler used. They simply cast the letters T/A on the box. It was all done with a longer steering arm. Just some info. for you.

Cranky

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you may or may not know, there is nothing quick ratio within the box itself. The internals are the same as any other power steering box chrysler used. They simply cast the letters T/A on the box. It was all done with a longer steering arm. Just some info. for you.
Are you sure about that? The TSB states it's different and a different pump is noted with higher PSI. The pitman arm would have to be a good deal longer to make the lock to lock turns a full 1 3/8ths less than the standard setup. Also, the pitman arm has a different shaft diameter than the standard box so it's not something that you can simply throw on the T/A pitman and be done with it.

Last edited:

Cranky

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 71 340 Cuda with the TA box and noticed the longer pitman but never measured it to see if it was the same size as a standard box. Had it off once to replace the lower seal and didn't even thing about it....

wolfyffs

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If by chance that's true and I seriously dought it is then Firm Feel is seriously perpitrating a fraud with thier ratio box. I seem to remember there being a different ratio worm gear in the T/A box along with the different pitman arm. Contact Rick Ehrenburg at Mopar Action and I'm sure he can tell you without a dought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back